• Register Today It's free!

Rancho 9000x

oconnor

Reaction score
City, State
San Rafael Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 sport 4wd
I think thats the what they are called. The adjustable ones. Anyone have experience? I am getting shocks in a couple days and am thinking about these. Any other ideas that may be better for about the same price point. Or pros and cons.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I replaced my Edelbrocks with the 9000x shocks; oh what a difference. I really like them and have only positive things to say about them.

great shocks, but unless you're willing to spend an extra $150 for the control module id get the RS5000. I have the 9000x and will be replacing them with the 5000's when its time to change

sk1er17 said:
great shocks, but unless you're willing to spend an extra $150 for the control module id get the RS5000. I have the 9000x and will be replacing them with the 5000's when its time to change

Why?

Manual adjustment takes only seconds, Further, how often do you make the adjustments? Its darn nice to be able to do so when needed.

i never found the need to adjust mine.. i liked the stiffer ride. i basically got them for when the "old man" needed to use it to tow the boat- lol but there aint no way he's crawling under my truck to adjust the shocks.

I really like mine. I have adjusted mine for different situations and it wasn't hard at all to adjust. I think the advantage of having them adjustable far outweighs the minor trouble it takes to adjust them.

aldive said:
I replaced my Edelbrocks with the 9000x shocks; oh what a difference. I really like them and have only positive things to say about them.

dad's truck is setup similar to Aldive's and he says the same thing about his Rancho RS9000x's

My truck is (well, was... his truck keeps growing) setup similar to Skier's and I think they're awesome

I love mine. The ability to chage the ride is great.

The control module is free now via a Rancho mail-in rebate. Buy four Rancho 9000x, and get a free module. This runs from 9/1/04 through 10/31/04.

Flight_951 said:
The control module is free now via a Rancho mail-in rebate. Buy four Rancho 9000x, and get a free module. This runs from 9/1/04 through 10/31/04.

Ditto just got mine from summit racing today! They are great...and the control module is on its way from Ranchg. Good deal!

Ry :usa: :exp:

dangnabbit.. wish i needed new shocks :roll:

actually no i dont.. cause that still costs $$... so "wish they had this deal when i bought mine" :(

I want to order these as well, but I have a 2" TT & 153 shackles in the back. They Summit guys said they don't have them for a lifted 99 XLT. Does anybody know if the stock length ones will work?

I have the TT and shackles w/ the 9000rsx's w no problems. Just buy the normal explorer ones. No need for longer ones.

same here, except not only do i have war153's, i put in double AAL's. Been running the stock sized 9000's for a while now and never a problem... and as you could see in my photo gallery they're not what limits my flexing :D

I have not yet done a TT but I do have the rear 153 shackles and have not had any problems at all.

Back