Rancho Quicklift | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rancho Quicklift

Ordering mine very very soon. Will be running these with an inch body lift and 33's!
do you have any pictures with the quicklift loaded and a inch body lift? can you run 285's with no rub?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i have these ordered now what else do i need to clear 285's?

i have these ordered now what else do i need to clear 285's?

For sure you'll need 4.5" backspace wheels of you go aftermarket, or 1.5" wheel spacers if you run the stock wheels.

Also you'll likely need a 1.5" or 3" body lift. I would lean towards 3" to be safe.

do you have any pictures with the quicklift loaded and a inch body lift? can you run 285's with no rub?

not yet, have a 1 inch body but still need the funds for tires and ranchos.. i dont see a prob with that setup

quick question, do these come with new springs installed on them, or do you re-use your factory springs.

FWIW - I ordered as set for all 4 corners last week and they are going in tomorrow. Figured it was worth a shot since it's "shocktober" and there is a rebate offer availble if you buy all 4, you'll get a check for the lowest cost corner. Still more $ than spacers but I'm still not sold on the spacers.
sign0134.gif

In hopes of helping others out, I've already taken measurements as she sits now and will see what I get when I get home...and what it is after a month or two. I'm hopeful I get all of the advertized lift and it stays that way.

Got them installed...
Stock height measured from ground to bottom of fender:
Front - 34 1/8"
Rear - 35 1/8"

Quicklift height:
Front - 35 5/8"
Rear - 36 1/2"

I drove it about 60 miles, remeasured, and got the same numbers so it looks like I got the 1.5" as advertised (1.25" in the rear)...so far. It definitely put some space between the tire and fender and looks like there is plenty of room now for 265/75's. I left the ride setting at "5" and it rides fine. Maybe just a tad firmer which is ok. Seems to have less roll and is not as "mushy" vs stock struts. Ball joint angle looks good so I'm happy with results. Maybe not the cheapest way to lift a 3rd gen ($160/strut) for what you get but it appears to work without sacrificing ride and reliability.

Now to find some wheels and rubber...That's all I know.

i have this lift and love the quality of it. great ride great performance. but, i still have the nose down look on my ride and i can't stand it. anyone know of spacers < 1 inch that exist?

i have this lift and love the quality of it. great ride great performance. but, i still have the nose down look on my ride and i can't stand it. anyone know of spacers < 1 inch that exist?

Bft fabrications makes them. I believe he does any size up to three inches for 250 shipped. I have them currently and like they lift they give. give him a text or call, 909-702-7462

Not sure you can combine the quicklifts AND spacers. If you put quicklifts on all four corners maybe put the rears back to stock???

The QL is a straight bolt on strut, dont the spacers just sit on top of it? the only concern i have is my ball joints gettin too stressed. doesn't BTF make mod upper control arms too? cost?

The QL is a straight bolt on strut, dont the spacers just sit on top of it? the only concern i have is my ball joints gettin too stressed. doesn't BTF make mod upper control arms too? cost?

Yes he does. i want to say i paid 570 shipped. Id give him a call to make sure. its been over a year..

The Rancho Quicklift is already giving you 1.5" of suspention lift and you want to add a spacer on top of that. Good luck in cramming all of that in there. Seems like you also need more than a 1" spacer as well due to bolt clearance. Seems like I read this somewhere in here. I'd suggest using the search feature. There is a ton of info here but you have to dig it up.
sign0134.gif

I am about to attempt to add an 1.5 inch spacer to the front and a 1.0 inch spacer to the rear of an 04 X with the loaded quicklifts installed. This was at the recommendation of Brandon after a lengthy phone conversation. We'll see how this turns out and keep you guys posted. I got about 1.5 inches of lift from the quicklifts alone and some additinal lift from 265/70/17 tires to start with. Had the ball joints replaced recently and they are not binding that bad right now. Will see what happens with these spacers. Dropping the X off at the shop tomorrow for the install.

I have a truxx spacer lift on mine would it be point less to do the quick lift with springs ? Or should i go with 1.5'' body lift ?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Here is my Ex before and after pics. First pics are before the 1.5 front spacers and 1.0 rear spacers and the last three are after the spacers were installed. I am running quicklifts on all three corners.

http://i1059.photobucket.com/albums/t440/mmlovett/DSCN0307_zps08e43eec.jpg

http://i1059.photobucket.com/albums/t440/mmlovett/DSCN0306_zps3bcf1b65.jpg

http://i1059.photobucket.com/albums/t440/mmlovett/DSCN0587_zps9badbb03.jpg

http://i1059.photobucket.com/albums/t440/mmlovett/DSCN0585_zps2179bf2d.jpg

I have still got to order the new UCAs from BTF but even without them the ex rides great. I did build the sway bar end links and installed them when I installed the spacers. Now keep in mind this Ex is not a daily driver and rarely goes offroad. When I am offroad I am mostly on sand and not real rough roads and I take it extremely slow and easy--hence the reason I have yet to do the UCAs. If you are planning to do serious offroading I highly recomment the UCAs and limiting straps to avoid contact with the coil springs at full drop. I also and to have the frame ground out slightly in order to get the front end aligned. All in all I think it turned out looking pretty good. I just got the Fuel Wheels a couple of weeks ago and they really set it off--the old Incubus wheels are for sale if anyone is interested. Good luck with your project!

Back