Ranger owners-Post your Snow pics here | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ranger owners-Post your Snow pics here

...Nice truck and my wheeling dog hates jumping from each of my footprints in the snow, lol...

...Be sure to do a Ranger registry of your truck, and if you become "Elite", you may even get your truck picked as the "Feature Truck" by Burns..;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This was taken on its first time out in the snow since i've had it.

2008_1203picsnew0052.jpg

...Now that truck looks like it's snow ready and with a 5.0 to boot...:D

LOL that pic looks somewhat real and yet its sooooooo fake

I kind of cheated and drove up to one of the local ski hill parking lots, because there's no snow in the city yet. It was only 20 minutes so what the hay?

truckresize1.jpg

truckresize2.jpg

later,

Dave R.

...At least you got to play in the snow..:biggthump

...Remember, 640x480 is the preferred size for pics...It makes it easier to load and view the pics...;)

EDIT: Nice job Roboteye on the resizing...:D...I really like the way your Ranger is setup...

Copyof101_1035.jpg

my old truck, miss it:(

Nice job Roboteye on the resizing...:D...I really like the way your Ranger is setup...

Yeah, I just went to photobucket and used their resize software on the hosted pics, I guess I forget sometimes how many people are on dialup or have a 14" monitor.

The truck is a work in progress (aren't they all). The coils are saggin' a bit, so I'm gonna space em' up about an inch for an inch and a half at the wheel, and then some 4" skyjacker softrides for the back. Eventually I'm gonna build some diffs (presently have 3.73's open front and worn out LS rear) with a 31 spline 8.8 rear with discs and a detroit softlocker with 4.56's, and for the front an auburn ected with a nice set of yukon 4.56's.

I had my passenger side all apart today prepared to do the knuckle u-joint, but was pleasantly surprised to find out it was just the spindle bearing (caged needle bearing inside spindle) was a little squeaky and needed a liberal dose of grease.

until next time.

Dave R.

...Be sure guys to start your "Ranger Registry" as I am sure people will be asking about your trucks and specs on them...You can even add some build up info...Put a link in your signature to your Registry so others can easily find your trucks info...;)

...We are suppose to be getting snow in our hills but we are not even getting any rain...Just clouds and cool breezes...:thumbdwn:

Some pics from last winter before the new wheels. We are just now getting some snow. We have about 8-12" in the woods were we go.

mikesstuffwhoohoo029.jpg

mikesstuffwhoohoo024.jpg

mikesstuffwhoohoo020.jpg

...It would be cool to get a bunch of Rangers from here together and play out in the snow...I think it would be cool if there were to be some meet ups and you guys posted some pics here...:dunno:

Let's meet in Colorado!

...I believe we are going to in October...:D

...But I was thinking if some of the guys who posted in here and seen they were close to someone else, they might do a meet up and some snow wheeling and post there pics here...

..I'm not expecting any thousand to 2K mile trips just to go wheeling...That's just nuts...:p:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Got some poser pics, I cant get anywhere decent since I get stuck everywhere I go, 2wd :(

Back