Ranger rims on a Sport Trac

429CJ-3X2

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Des Moines, Iowa
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01,'02, '04 Sport Tracs,
Will the OEM 16 x 7 spoked alloy rims from an '02 Ranger fit my '02 Sport Trac? They look to be the same, but I've read some of the Explorer wheels have a different offset even though they look alike. A set just came up on craigslist for $200. Interested in getting them for winter tires.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yes ranger rims will work be cauious though cause sport trac brakes are larger so the 15" rims wont fit.

These were 16s so that shouldn't have been a problem. After looking at wheels on ebay and pictures of Sport Tracs I passed on these. There are 2 versions, 1 with a small center cap and exposed lugs, and 1 with a large center cap that covers the lugs. I'm guessing the difference is 2WD vs 4WD. The ones with the small centers probably don't clear the 4WD hubs. The wheels on CL have the small caps.

Well this is my contribution. Here is my 99 sport with 2010 ranger wheels. They have the small caps and I am AWD. The wheels you want on craigs list should fit. If I was you I would go look at them and test fit one before you buy it.
20130304_160654.jpg

There are no hubs to clear on a Sport Trac so the center doesn't not matter if the bolt pattern is the same. SO yes they will fit.

Thanks guys.
I've only had my Sport Trac a few months and haven't had a front wheel off yet.

Bought 'em. 4 wheels in nice condition with center caps and lug nuts for $200.
They fit just fine. The '02 Ranger they came off of is 4WD, so my thinking was all wrong besides what BigGreen pointed out about no hubs to clear.

Maybe I should have mentioned my ST had aftermarket wheels on it when I bought it, so I had nothing to go on as far as factory rims.

05 STs had the small center caps just as an FYI for future readers.

My 04 trac has the lg center cap..

Cool now some pics would be nice

Back