• Register Today It's free!

Raptor front grill.

JSBFabrications

Reaction score
City, State
Redlands, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 Explorer Eddie Bauer
So I just picked up my new to me, 04 Explorer and I cant leave anything stock for too long so I decided this weekend I am going to make a ford raptor style grill. I went ahead and did some photoshop mock ups and holy hell I am getting excited. I'm going to make it black with white lettering to match the paint. One of my buddies gave me the idea to put an "X" behind the "FORD" so I may just put that into the pattern so its subtle but there. Ill be posting up some more pictures as I go. Wish me luck!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I see that. Was working earlier. Try back later maybe. Might pm the guy, his name is ghost something in the thread.

Got I all finished today and I love how it turned out!
Here are some of the steps.
Had to trace the stock grill.
20160129_175612.jpg

20160129_175612.jpg

Then put traced it onto the computer and came up with the raptor pattern.
20160129_194046.jpg

After that I jumped on the plasma cutter and went to work.
20160129_202321.jpg

Then contoured it and welded in the offset for the flush letters.
20160129_213507.jpg

Welded the studs onto the letters.
20160129_214136.jpg

Made the mounts and then painted it up and bam!
20160130_165047.jpg

20160130_165615.jpg

Super cool! So what would a production price be?

That's beautiful! I believe you will have a lot of interest in this if the price is reasonable. Well done! :thumbsup:

Very nice! Wow good skillz!

I had to register just to say that is seriously cool!

That is sick! I love it!! If you ever want to do one for a 1st gen, I'll be the first customer! :D

I would just be interested in just the grill. I like the look a lot better then the billet kits from ebay. I don't know if I would want the big Ford. If it was it would have to be black not white.

What about a matching one for the lower valance?

Thanks

Awesome! Makes me want a CNC machine. You could say anything you wanted.

I would just be interested in just the grill. I like the look a lot better then the billet kits from ebay. I don't know if I would want the big Ford. If it was it would have to be black not white.

What about a matching one for the lower valance?

Thanks

I am actually thinking about making a matching lower one with an X

Super cool! So what would a production price be?

Im still working that out. I need to figure out how to make and curves for production. Im also thinking about making a kit and let the fabricators here build it. I would just supply the cut pieces. Would anyone be interesting in that?

Im still working that out. I need to figure out how to make and curves for production. Im also thinking about making a kit and let the fabricators here build it. I would just supply the cut pieces. Would anyone be interesting in that?

:thumbsup:

I'd say do everything but paint it. If flash rust is a concern, then maybe just a primer.

I would but I don't have the equipment to do that. It would be nice to say I built that....

Thanks

That is seriously awesome! even fits my year. If I had any extra $$, I wouldn't hesitate to buy one from you if you made kits. Unfortunately, I have the feeling that in order for you to just come out even, it would be out of my price range :(. But, let us know if you decide to do it, and maybe I could come up with some scratch.

if production is too much of a cost maybe just the cut files? i know its hit and miss with some people, i dont want to discount your work at all. very nice job by the way, would love one of my own

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back