• Register Today It's free!

Ratting From Wheels

Badali05

Reaction score
City, State
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 Eddie Bauer
I have recently started to hear a rattling like sound coming from my wheels. It is on both the driver and passenger front sides. It sounds like there is loose change in my wheels, and I have no idea why. Any help on how to fix this would be greatly appericated.

Thanks, Derek

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

/bump

sounds like maybe the bearings are starting to go bad, or your breaks are messed up, or you have hub problems

/bump...Anyone have any other suggestions? I checked my brakes and they look just fine. Also my bearings were just changed no more than 3k miles ago. What part exactly of the hubs would u be refering too?

Thanks, Derek

I don't know which wheels you've got, but the hubcaps on my BII make quite a rattle because they don't fit tight. I also once heard that same rattle on another car, didn't immediately find the problem until my tire dropped off. Turns out the lug nuts came off the studs and were rattling around in the hub cap.
Auto hubs can make various noises. One noise that gets kicked around is the "playing card in bicycle spokes."

Back