Rattle can headlight tinting? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rattle can headlight tinting?

I've seen a few things online about a rattle can that tints headlights, tailights, etc. Anyone ever used something like this?

I dont want a full tinted cover, I like the ones that are tinted but have a clear circle right in the front, but I can't find any for my truck.

I was thinking about doing a good tape job, and just tinting my stock lights so I could do any pattern I wanted.

Does this stuff hold up well?
Even through the power wash carwashes?
Anyone have a recommendation for brand?
Should I use a regular rattle can clearcoat afterwards?

Thanks.

PPro said:
I've seen a few things online about a rattle can that tints headlights, tailights, etc. Anyone ever used something like this?

I dont want a full tinted cover, I like the ones that are tinted but have a clear circle right in the front, but I can't find any for my truck.

I was thinking about doing a good tape job, and just tinting my stock lights so I could do any pattern I wanted.

Does this stuff hold up well?
Even through the power wash carwashes?
Anyone have a recommendation for brand?
Should I use a regular rattle can clearcoat afterwards?

Thanks.
Ive used it on my 92 explorer on my turn signals and on my 3rd brake light and love it.I put about 6 coats of clear on top of it and it seems to be holding up fine without fading or anything like that. What I used was called Nite Shades. It was 15 a can.

Cool thanks.

Anybody else?

VHT Nite Shades is very good stuff (I have it on my tails and 3rd brake light too). Supposedly Testors transparent black works well too. You definitely want to put lots of clearcoat over top. Not only does it make it look better but the paint itself is very thin and probably won't hold up.

Back