RCD lift kit PURCHASED!!!!! no more tortion bars 4 me! | Page 13 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

RCD lift kit PURCHASED!!!!! no more tortion bars 4 me!

Jefe said:
Yes, but the main reason I still run the warriors is because Deaver screwed up on the lift/spring rate of my springs. Even with the shackle it sits lower than I originally wanted it too. I really don't need the shackle for flex, as my pack is near flat at ride height. It does flex great though :thumbsup: And would flex even better if I finished up my project to add 15" travel outboard shocks. ;)
So it is a good idea for the pack to be near flat at ride height?

I don't know much about leafs in case you didn't already figure that out...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Leafs have arrived. Pics posted at the bottom of the 1st post.

I hope they don't make my rear too high... :hammer:

Are you switching back to spring under axle? Cause those look just as arched as the superlift ones!

No I'm saying SOA...

Deaver said they were making me ones that should work with SOA and not lift the truck much more.

I can't wait to get them installed!

I hope they raise your rear to the height you wished for!

hell yeah! I hope so too.

is there a benefit to going soa ?,
I'm not sure what to do back there when I get this lift kit in a few months ?
get 5" lift springs or do the soa ? the springs I have right now form my torsion twist setup are the "ome-36" { old man emu 2" lift springs}

could these be utilized somehow where I could save some $ ???

SOA will give you better ground clearance at that point on the axle. doesnt sound like much but it can make a difference. getting 5 inch taller springs would almost definately kill some flex. You could sell the OME springs to someone and get them to send you their stockers along with some cash.

William Schumacher said:
is there a benefit to going soa ?,
I'm not sure what to do back there when I get this lift kit in a few months ?
get 5" lift springs or do the soa ? the springs I have right now form my torsion twist setup are the "ome-36" { old man emu 2" lift springs}

could these be utilized somehow where I could save some $ ???

the benefit to going SOA is that its a lot cheaper, better ground clearance, and potentionally better flex like rookie said... so its really a no brainer if your worried about money...

Nick26 said:
the benefit to going SOA is that its a lot cheaper, better ground clearance, and potentionally better flex like rookie said... so its really a no brainer if your worried about money...
Unless you buy $750 leafs like I did :eek:

So far 3 different guys at Precision Brake have been blown away by the brake line setup on the rear of my X. Is it unusual for me to have my soft line dropping down from the drivers side framerail??? They say it usualy drops down above the pumpkin.

They want brake line size and banjo nut size. I wonder if they are gonna want the threading pitch? of the nut too???

Mechanix or TheRookie, do you remember what size wrench we used on the nut? I measured .464" with dial calipers, but I think it may have been in metric.

I also measured .188" ~ a little less than 1/8" for the width of the hardline. Again, with dial calipers. Maybe this is in metric too? I can measure again tomorrow in metric.

If anyone knows these measurements it would be appreciated.

When Ford went to disc brakes in the rearend that is how they made the flex line. The line size is 3/16 and the nut should be....1/4??? The banjo bolt is on the caliper? Not sure what the banjo nut is. The head of the bolt should be 12 or 13 mm.
313175.jpg

Here is a pic I found on Napa's site.

I think he is waiting on me to finish up a couple loose ends I needed to handle before we moved on to the gear install and leafs. I think after this weekend I should be ready, I hope.

Eric

Hey Eric, how do you feel about installing a power steering pump while were over next weekend for the other stuff?

I'll have to grab the pictures you got while were over so I can do the write up.

I should be ordering my 35s tomorrow with 17" rims.

That sounds ok with me. This means I need to get in gear and clean out the garage anf finish up my Explorer.

Eric

you've convinced me to get the rcd kit, and quite possibly do SOA as well. I'll probably install some tractin bars though as i hear wheel hop can be a problem.

It is a very nice kit, not too expensive with a nice suspension upgrade.

I do have some noise comming from the drivers side when I go over bumps. Wondering if a bolt didn't get torqued down when we were putting the finishing touches on it. I have only drove around 400 miles so far since I don't have insurance on her.

I'm looking into upgrading my brakes for my new 35s im about to order.

Oh ya BTW, FIBERGLASS SHOULD BE HERE BY FRIDAY! :smoke:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

get insurance mang

Back