Read to bypass ur lom!!!! | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Read to bypass ur lom!!!!

Ok so finally we have relief. I got a chance to talk to a ford technician and he got me the schematic for the wiring. He showed me how to bypass this damned module. All you need to do is cut 4 wires and reconnect them. The only thing u lose is ur computer will no longer tell you that one of ur headlights is no longer working.

1. Unplug module.

2. Cut the White/Light Green wire. aka. pin 1

3. Cut the Dark Blue/ white wire. aka. pin 11

4. Soldier and heat wrap wires. from step 2-3

5. Cut Dark Blue/Light Green Wire aka. pin 12

6. Cut Dark Green/ Orange Wire. aka pin 13

7. Soldier and heat wrap wires. from step 5-6.

8. Reconnect plug with all remaining wires to Lom.
Worked perfectly for me. I assume this will help all of you that are trying to do the hid upgrade also.

The schematic is posted here also a blow up of the light out module.
http://lightsoutmodule.shutterfly.com/

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just bought a 95 Explorer that the previous owner said "needed a fuse" for the headlights to work again. Of course, that wasn't the problem at all. After reading these instructions, I removed the LOM and found that half of it was burned to a crisp. Luckily, it was the half that doesn't matter once you perform this procedure!

My headlights are working fine now. Thanks a lot!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

1. Unplug module.
2. Cut the White/Light Green wire. aka. pin 1
3. Cut the Dark Blue/ white wire. aka. pin 11
4. Soldier and heat wrap wires. from step 2-3
5. Cut Dark Blue/Light Green Wire aka. pin 12
6. Cut Dark Green/ Orange Wire. aka pin 13
7. Soldier and heat wrap wires. from step 5-6.
8. Reconnect plug with all remaining wires to Lom.
The schematic is posted here also a blow up of the light out module.
http://lightsoutmodule.shutterfly.com/

Worked perfectly for me on my 1996 Eddie Bauer as well. Thanks a million!

I just bought a 95 Explorer that the previous owner said "needed a fuse" for the headlights to work again. Of course, that wasn't the problem at all. After reading these instructions, I removed the LOM and found that half of it was burned to a crisp. Luckily, it was the half that doesn't matter once you perform this procedure!

My headlights are working fine now. Thanks a lot!

I hate to resurrect an old post, but I too have a 95 EB but cannot find the LOM. I Looked under the center console and I don't see anything on the right side but on the left is a small plastic box.
--edit--
I still have not found the LOM but i found my problem, fuse missing. just got the vehicle didn't know the headlight were out as it sets in my drive way and the switch was on for brights which i assumed at first was the low lights. Silly me.

That is a damn good pictorial.

I've got I think the same issue but it's my passenger side low beams that aren't working. Inspection of my circuit board in the LOM doesn't reveal anything suspicious -- solder joints look good to my eyes (untrained as they are). It seems like I need to jump pins 12 and 13 to see if that will fix the problem.. Two questions:

1. once they're jumped, can I test whether this fixed the problem without re-installing the LOM?
2. I'm not 100% sure which pin is which because the colors of the wiring (particularly Dark Green/Orange pin 13) is not obviously right to me. Is there a pin diagram somewhere that show all of the pins so I can count back to the right ones?

thank you!

Back