REALLLLY BAD gas mpg | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

REALLLLY BAD gas mpg

this sucks ass. spent $28 filling up yesterday and now im allmost on E WTF?!?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

something's definitely wrong. how many miles did you drive since you filled up yesterday, to get the gauge to "E" now? the trucks not leaking gas is it?

When the truck is pointed downhill, the gas gauge will drop alot. Mine drops about 1/4 tank when I park on a downhill slope.

Tires and alignment have a lot to do with MPG. When my ball joint was bad, I got 16 MPG on an 800 mile highway trip. After the ball joint was replaced and an alignment was done, I was getting 21 MPG on the highway. On average, I get 13-14 around town. I took my chip out the other day because $2 for premium is too much.

I'd go along with aldive's suggestion of actually measuring the gas milage. I know my guages are totally off, so I have to calculate the mpg and miles per tank to know when to fill up.

Just my idea

right now i have about 135 miles on this tank of gas. i did check the mpg last fill up and i got a little over 9mpg WOOHOO! i will fill up tonight and see how it looks for this tank..

Mike

I would if i could.. i dont have a scaner

welp just filled up 155.1 miles 16.484 gal = 9.4 MPG

WTF!?!?

WTF!?!?

Originally posted by Mikke

WTF!?!?
Thats ugly:(

Where do you park? I used to have a 4-cyl car that started getting crappy mileage, until I found a neighbor kid had been siphoning gas out to fuel his ATV. Try a locking cap.

Mikke, your X has a mechanical problem. At the rate your going at the pump you could pay for a exhaust analysis.
Chris

i have the mac intake..wouldnt the cold air make the car run better? or is it TOO cold for the intake to work for the x optimally? its gotten below 0 days at a time here.. and my mpg went from avg of 12 to about 9 or 10 same as mikke

Originally posted by aldive
Have you scanned the O2 sensors function?

I agree, O2 sensors. My fathers ranger started getting crappy MPG , changed those out and it fixed it...

Also, are you getting that RFG crap. that stuff gives like 2-3 less MPG.

anyone in the NYC or western NY area with a scanner willing to give me a quick scan?

that is ugly... to think i was complaining about getting 160 miles to half a tank with my V8

my 94 is doingthe same thing. sat night i put 10 dollars in it and it put me a little above 1/4. sunday i had to put 10 more in to it and as well as today. 30 bucks in 3 days?
io drive 15 miles to work and 3 to school.

I think itsthe gas I have had the same problem (not as bad) your not getting on the pedal any more now becasue of the snow right?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i drive the same way now i allways have. i never got great mopg with my truck but i donno. could i need a tune up? alignment? i dono. blah!!

Back