Rear Bumper Interchange, 1993 Ranger | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rear Bumper Interchange, 1993 Ranger

Carguy3J

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
North East New Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 4dr. XLT SOHC A4WD
Tried searching, but I couldn't find anything.
I have a '93 Ranger XLT, "styleside" (NOT a flareside). I messed up my rear bumper, and need a replacement. Yes, I know the junkyard has the Hollander Interchange, but it can sometimes be lacking. If it isn't the exact same part, it won't show it as interchanging, even if it will fit.

So, does anybody KNOW what else will fit? What years/models? I know some of the Mazda p/u's fit, but not sure what year range. Same w/ the Rangers. Will they fit '93-2010? What about 1st Gen Explorers.

My bumper is the step-bumper, chrome, I would prefer to keep chrome, but if it's cheap, I would go painted.

Anybody in/near NJ have a cheap one?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Bump.... Anybody?

I think the frames are slightly different between the ranger and explorer. It could just be the mount brackets are different, you may just have to get one and see if it fits. I think the bumpers themselves are slightly different in shape and may not fit exactly to the explorer.

A newer explorer bumper will fit but they are also a slightly different shape.

Check out LMCtruck. They have new replacment bumpers for the 1st gen explorer, and rangers both.

I think the frames are slightly different between the ranger and explorer. It could just be the mount brackets are different, you may just have to get one and see if it fits. I think the bumpers themselves are slightly different in shape and may not fit exactly to the explorer.

A newer explorer bumper will fit but they are also a slightly different shape.

Check out LMCtruck. They have new replacment bumpers for the 1st gen explorer, and rangers both.

Thanks, I forgot about LMC. I'd never pay their prices, but the catalogs can be useful for fitment info. According to their catalog:

Rear step bumpers, for a Styleside (straight bed), without a "covered hitch plate" (ie, integrated hitch plate), fit '83-'03

Rear step bumpers w/ the covered hitch plate (removable reinforcement/hitch plate) are the same from '93-2010, for the Styleside.

All of the bumper mounting brackets are the same part #'s for '83-2010, for the Styleside. Flaresides appear to have different bumpers and different mounting brackets/hardware. Also, the Explorer bumpers and brackets are all different than the Ranger stuff.

I don't mind their prices. I am just happy there is someone out there keeping so many obsolete parts in production

Back