Rear Drum Brakes Bleeder valve Help Needed | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rear Drum Brakes Bleeder valve Help Needed

02_3.0_Edge

Reaction score
City, State
New Kent, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 4x4 Sport
I have a 02 Ranger that I just replaced the rear axle assembly. I used the brakes that were on the new axle. It is out of an 03 ranger that had 2,000 miles. When I hooked everything up and went to bleed the brakes the fluid will not come out of the center hole but instead seeps out the threads when I loosen them on both sides. What could be the problem?

I bleed it at the master cylinder and that worked fine. What can I do? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

take some silicone or grease and put it around the threads. A guy at work does that automatically when he does a brake job so that problem won't happen.

-Drew

The bleeder is plugged, probably due to rust on the inside. Remove the bleeders and try and poke a small drill bit through them. If that doesn't work, replace 'em. (If it was mine, I'd replace 'em anyways). They're less than a buck at almost any parts store.

-Joe

Just replace the bleeder. They are really cheap. I'd do both sides if I were going to do it. Grease the threads of the new ones would be a good idea.

Back