• Register Today It's free!

Rear View Mirror is Drooping!

amospro

Reaction score
City, State
Livermore, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer
It seems like every morning I get in my 2013 Ex that I have to adjust my rear view mirror. It feels pretty tight but its low every morning. Anyone else experience this same issue?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

While you are sleeping, either your spouse or kids are sneaking the Explorer out for ice cream.

asmospro, I am experiencing a similar thing. Not every day, but every couple of days I have to make a similar adjustment. No one else drives my machine. I have not done any analysis yet; I just wanted to say that I share your experience.

Nope - haven't adjusted the rear view in forever. Sounds like an item for your next dealer visit.

asmospro, I am experiencing a similar thing. Not every day, but every couple of days I have to make a similar adjustment. No one else drives my machine. I have not done any analysis yet; I just wanted to say that I share your experience.

I thought I was going crazy!! I too have the same issue!

I had noticed it but kept thinking it was me, being a new vehicle, I've been constantly adjusting annd playing with the power seat trying to find the best position.

Guys I just got back from the dealership for a vibrating rear view mirror. The tech came out with a special tool that looks like large pliers. He puts them around the mirror neck and flat against the glass then essentially crimps the mirror assembly.

Mine is rock solid now.

Dealership issue for sure.

Same here, the mirror was vibrating, like Sgt says big old crimper. Now if I can keep the plastic cover that's above the mirror on too!

It funny how something little like this makes you think you are crazy.

It seems like every morning I get in my 2013 Ex that I have to adjust my rear view mirror. It feels pretty tight but its low every morning. Anyone else experience this same issue?
amospro,

“Revenge of the Rearview Mirror Goblins!” LOL JK

BTW, I would watch that movie. :D

While you are sleeping, either your spouse or kids are sneaking the Explorer out for ice cream.
I feel like that’s a likely explanation, Bill #4 Explorer. ;)

I thought I was going crazy!! I too have the same issue!
I had noticed it but kept thinking it was me, being a new vehicle, I've been constantly adjusting annd playing with the power seat trying to find the best position.
Same here, the mirror was vibrating, like Sgt says big old crimper. Now if I can keep the plastic cover that's above the mirror on too!
swkooter, nitzer51, Coronel, Spengracin, & amospro,

I’m sure none of you are crazy; a dealer visit is the best way to resolve this. I’m confident they’ll get you “straightened out.” :D

Nope - haven't adjusted the rear view in forever. Sounds like an item for your next dealer visit.
That’s a great recommendation, dco43054. :)

Guys I just got back from the dealership for a vibrating rear view mirror. The tech came out with a special tool that looks like large pliers. He puts them around the mirror neck and flat against the glass then essentially crimps the mirror assembly.

Mine is rock solid now.

Dealership issue for sure.
Thanks for sharing, Sgt1411! :thumbsup:

Cory

I called my dealer this am to see if I could stop by for them to fix it real quick, and they had no idea what I was talking about and told me the next available service appointment would be the end of next week...

I'll just live with it... Lol

I went to my dealer and they said there is nothing they can do. The guy felt it and said it was snug. Any ideas? There don't seem to be any TSBs for 2013's out yet so I assume these dealers are just trying something theirselves rather than following any official ford recommendation

Hmm...it takes me less than 5 secs to adjust, and I have to do this about every 3 days. I figure about 1.5 hours of time involved with taking it to the dealer. The math says that I can adjust the mirror a 1000 times or so and the break even is just a bit under 9 years. Life is too short to spend at the dealer for this one with the most likely outcome being that I still have the same problem. I don't like the 'live with it' policy, but in this situation I think I'll choose to live around it...until something else gets me back to the dealership, or a TSB is issued.

Dealer just called me and said Ford approved putting in a new mirror...they said they will have it in 3 days

I have the same problem with my mirror. Sounds like an easy fix or live with it solution. Now if I could just figure out why my alarm goes off randomly including once when it was unlocked in my garage.

I have the same problem with my mirror. Sounds like an easy fix or live with it solution. Now if I could just figure out why my alarm goes off randomly including once when it was unlocked in my garage.

Probably hitting the panic button on the keyfob in your pocket...for me I had to get a leather case. I have a problem with the rain sensor wipers going off on a sunny day...it's one every few days

phareous, 'great to hear that the dealer called you. Please follow up and let us know that the problem is fixed after you get the new mirror.

I live down a long, bumpy dirt road, and had the same issue. It took me a while, but I eventually convinced myself I couldn't be slouching/straitening THAT much between rides, and that the bumps were causing my rear view mirror to droop.

I haven't taken it to the dealer yet to have it fixed, but now I know I can--thanks guys!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

.... I have a problem with the rain sensor wipers going off on a sunny day...it's one every few days
I had that on mine and then it gradually did it more often to the point it wiped 3 or 4 times per episode. I found that sometimes it did it when going from dark to light conditions or light to dark. When I went to have the TSB done on it, it wiped several times as I drove it into the dealer's service garage.
Everything was fine until I had the MFT update done. Since then, it has done a single wipe about 3 times. I'll see if it gets worse before getting something done about it.

Peter

Back