Rear window | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rear window

aburton88

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Ford explorer s trac
Hey guys having a problem with my rear window. replaced the regulator, motor, switch and tried the initializing procedure and nothing is working. I'm not sure I'm getting power to the switch. anybody know how to troubleshoot or have any similar problems with this.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey guys having a problem with my rear window. replaced the regulator, motor, switch and tried the initializing procedure and nothing is working. I'm not sure I'm getting power to the switch. anybody know how to troubleshoot or have any similar problems with this.

There is no power to the switch except for the light.

I sent you some info.

Sent you a PM for the troubleshooting info.

Thanks!

Sent.

Thanks!

Thanks to Steve's excellent troubleshooting information, I was able to pinpoint my problem to a missing trace on the dash switch circuit board.

I will fix this with a conductive pen and reassemble the switch.

IMG_3204.JPG

IMG_3205.JPG

Happy to have been of assistance. That is a pretty slick repair.

Thanks!

I will start a new thread with details on switch disassembly, operation, repair, and assembly.

Thanks!

I will start a new thread with details on switch disassembly, operation, repair, and assembly.
I know this is a pretty old thread but was looking for info on your switch repair . Thank you seams the back window is a big issue on the sport trac .

There is no power to the switch except for the light.

I sent you some info.
Sorry to bug you could I get the rest info as well my window is up trying to figure out if I need a switch or motor. Or other issues thank you

Back