• Register Today It's free!

rear wiper problem

dave carey

Reaction score
City, State
shropshire telford england
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 4L
having trouble with my rear wiper: living in the uk i need it quite alot!!! i can not get a manual in the uk any chance somebody could e-mail a wire diagram to me (1998 ford explorer) :p

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

its prob the motor. mine used to only work when it wanted to, it was under warranty so Ford replaced it. they told me that there were problems with the motors goin on the rear wiper. SO.

Mine stopped working and Ford replaced it under warranty. The paperwork stated that the motor had an internal failure.

make sure the rear hatch is closed all the way i ran into that problem this morning.

I'm still having the problem.

My rear wiper works sometimes, but usually not. Is there a TSB on this? I took it in once, and they checked it out and said they found nothing wrong. It took it in a second time and "the electrician was not there" so they couldn't do anything. My warranty expired, but do you htink I can go and make them fix it anyways since it's been document problem since early on.

:bounce: Ford (USA) part number F87Z-17508-AD (Motorcraft equivolent WM-540). 99.9% of the time this is the problem with the late model Explorers. Ford List is $81.49 from the dealer. A good parts guy will sell it for $51.33 over the counter to a good customer!

Back