Ever since I was working on the 'Extreme Makeover' house here in Kingston, WA (it will air on 1/9/05) in Early November (read THAT thread here: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1114941#post1114941
), my 4x4 function didn't work!
Using this write-up, I ordered the T-20 Security tool off ebay. It arrived the other day, and today was my first day off since then. I cut the brown wire, as I couldn't figure out how to unplug it.
I took the Shift motor into the garage, took apart the motor and found the bushing in about 5 pieces!
I promptly replaced it with a piece of rubber hose from my spare parts shelves (it started as a 'bin' and grew....LOL)
Put it all together, installed a butt connector and shrinktube over that on the brown wire I cut........plugged it in AND IT WORKS!
I took the X to a place where I could test the functionality........PERFECT!
It works, it works!
Thanks a million.....well not quite a million, but atleast $300 worth!