Rebuilding a 2001 Ford Sport trac Need Help | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rebuilding a 2001 Ford Sport trac Need Help

BigJake

Reaction score
City, State
Georgia
Year, Model & Trim Level
Hey Guys:usa:

Im rebuilding a 2001 Ford Sport trac. Im a college student with not a lot of money I was able to get this truck cheap. It’s a great truck it runs and gets me to where I need to go. But it was abused. The truck was smashed in the front. So now its two different colors. But what I need help with is the some of the interior problems. The trim that goes around the radio and the AC vents needs to be replaced. I need to know where I can get one of those. And I cant get the rear window to roll down. I don’t know if it’s the switch or what. I just need some help. On where I can get some cheap parts and some help on the interior. Because the guy I bought it from did not really take good care of it. Oh yea if anyone knows where I can get a Car jack and all of the other tire replacement stuff that would help to. The truck did not have it when I bought it.

All that was wrong with it when I got it that I have fixed.
1.The center console was broken, I just made one because I looked around and could not find one I liked.
2.The front was smashed. Was able to buy the parts needed to fix that.
3.The Seats were all cut up. Working on recovering those right now.
4.Head lights / fog lights replaced.
5.New Tires / rims
That is about all I can think of right now ill try and post pics of some of the stuff later.

Any help would be appreciated.:D

i saw a post for replacement center consoles on ebay for about 50 bucks. search for this topic on the forum. im looking to replace the trim around my ac and radio too. plase post a link if you find a place to get it.

thanks

Where are you in GA? What color is your interior? 4x2 or 4x4?,dash bezel is different. It's different for fog/no fog lights also (LONO100).

There's rear window diagnosis in the FAQ's at the top of the Sport Trac section. Check the fuses listed and do the initialization process EXACTLY and go from there.:ttiwwp:

replacing the bezel because its brokeor just looks bad? I took mine off removed all the switches and painted it. looks 10x better

Back