Recent FORScan database | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent FORScan database

@PlatinumOwner

Do you know if there is a way to enable the turn signals as DRL? They are dual filament so they should be able to. I have a 2018 Explorer.

Here's a YouTube video where someone was able to do this on a 2017 but they don't say how:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

On the earlier 5th gen models it was possible for the dealer to do that using IDS. FORScan is somewhat similar so it may be possible to do that in the later model years as well. I'm not sure if the brightness would be sufficient to act as the DRL. Doesn't the 2018 have the option to turn DRL on the headlamp ON/OFF in the display?
Perhaps this post may be of interest. New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming

Peter

On the earlier 5th gen models it was possible for the dealer to do that using IDS. FORScan is somewhat similar so it may be possible to do that in the later model years as well. I'm not sure if the brightness would be sufficient to act as the DRL. Doesn't the 2018 have the option to turn DRL on the headlamp ON/OFF in the display?
Perhaps this post may be of interest. New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming

Peter
Hi Peter, yes there is an option to turn DRL (low beams) in the IPC but it doesn't activate the turn signals as DRL / parking lights. I also posed this question in that thread as well but haven't heard back yet.

I played around with Forscan for a while. I was able to get the turn signals to be a steady/constant on but then they wouldn't flash when using the turn indicator.

Do the settings in the post I linked not work on a 2018?

Do the settings in the post I linked not work on a 2018?
Sorry I was looking at the wrong tab when I opened your link so I haven't seen that before page before. I'll try it and let you know!

Sorry I was looking at the wrong tab when I opened your link so I haven't seen that before page before. I'll try it and let you know!
So I originally thought it had not worked but realized I didn't look with the vehicle in drive (neutral with E-brake) - I was able to activate the turn signals as DRLs! They are steady on and then flash when turn signal is activated. The only problem now is that the low beam is still on as well. Not sure if anyone has figured out a way to only have the turn signal on for DRL.

So I originally thought it had not worked but realized I didn't look with the vehicle in drive (neutral with E-brake) - I was able to activate the turn signals as DRLs! They are steady on and then flash when turn signal is activated. The only problem now is that the low beam is still on as well. Not sure if anyone has figured out a way to only have the turn signal on for DRL.
So it worked?

Maybe try turning off DRL in the left IPC menu?

So it worked?

Maybe try turning off DRL in the left IPC menu?
Yes I got it to work but only with low beams on too. I couldn't figure out a way to turn off low beams. If you turn of DRL in IPC then only signature lights stay on (low beams and turns stay off).

I figured out how to activate the turn signals so they're constantly on as parking lights. It's a very simple switch in the non-as built bdyCM setting by changing turn signals from "Turn Only" to "Turn and Position" (see attached pic).

BUT for some reason they won't flash with the turn signal in this setting so it's not really usable. I've been trying to figure out a way around it because it looks awesome with just the turn signal lights and the signature lights on.

P.s. sorry for crappy photo quality

IMG_20201120_202757261.jpg

IMG_20201127_212438067~2.jpg

Maybe I'll try that setting and see.

I have the my DRLs set to the signature lights and have them brighter, all by FORScan.

It would be nice if we could turn the mirror lights as well (I think I said that here somewhere already). I saw it done on an F150 but with a wiring harness mod.

So kinda new to the for scan and how to use it. Please help, I have a 2011 Ford Explorer that has a airbag light that I’m trying to fix myself instead of the 10000000$ of dollars the dealer would charge. The forscan is showing b1212 and b0061. Is there anyway to reset that light with this forscan? Sorry I’m a newbie and don’t wanna mess anything up! Please help! Thank you!

So kinda new to the for scan and how to use it. Please help, I have a 2011 Ford Explorer that has a airbag light that I’m trying to fix myself instead of the 10000000$ of dollars the dealer would charge. The forscan is showing b1212 and b0061. Is there anyway to reset that light with this forscan? Sorry I’m a newbie and don’t wanna mess anything up! Please help! Thank you!
Resetting the codes will not fix the issues they are indicating. If they are rest, chances are the code will appear again. FORScan will not 'fix' these issues. It is a software tool that can be used to pull trouble codes and modify some factory software settings.

Peter

I did try some things today on the BCM.

Corner light mode fog lights - Enabled (not sure this did anything)
Dome & Puddle Selection - Changed to both (didn't do anything)
Allowed DRL options - Changed to All from None (not sure this did anything)

Figured this out this morning.

Need to have fog lights off. Can have full lights on or Auto.

The fog light will turn on when you turn the steering wheel left or right.

I did try some things today on the BCM.

Dome & Puddle Selection - Changed to both (didn't do anything)
Allowed DRL options - Changed to All from None (not sure this did anything)

Figured this out this morning.

Need to have fog lights off. Can have full lights on or Auto.

The fog light will turn on when you turn the steering wheel left or right.
Interesting. Wonder why this feature even exists / would be applied stock.

Interesting. Wonder why this feature even exists / would be applied stock.
Cornering lamps are a thing on some vehicles. This is a sort of cheat to accomplish the same thing. Basically, it's to provide additional light past the edge of the headlights' range while cornering so you don't run over anything. When it's dark out, turn on your fog lights and see how much more you can see past the edges of your vehicle on the sides. It isn't like having a spotlight, but it's enough to keep you from hitting anything that may be sneaking up on you.

These will turn on when the steering wheel is turned OR the turn signal is activated under (I think) 30mph.

Maybe I'll try that setting and see.

I have the my DRLs set to the signature lights and have them brighter, all by FORScan.

It would be nice if we could turn the mirror lights as well (I think I said that here somewhere already). I saw it done on an F150 but with a wiring harness mod.
I also would like to have the led halo as my drl and disable my low led headlight to off instead of as drl. what needs to be changed in forscan for this?

I also would like to have the led halo as my drl and disable my low led headlight to off instead of as drl. what needs to be changed in forscan for this?
If you just want to disable low beams and keep the signature light on, simply disable DRL in IPC under "lighting".

I did get temp in the gauge display just can't figure how to disable low beams as drl & keep signature lights only.

20210123_235955.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I did get temp in the gauge display just can't figure how to disable low beams as drl & keep signature lights only.

View attachment 326913
If you're driving an American model, on the left side of your IPC there is a menu option under 'Lighting'. De-select Daytime Run Lights. This will keep signature lights on and low beams off when headlamps are set to auto during the daytime. Another way is to simply set your headlamps to off. Either way, you don't need Forscan.

if you're driving a Canadian model, there's a menu option for DRL that you need to enable in IPC first, then you should be able to disable it the same way as above.

Back