Recent FORScan database | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent FORScan database

What theme are you using?

Can you take a pic of just the climate screen? Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You don’t need to/shouldn’t change the last 2 characters. Those are the checksums for the line and FORScan will automatically calculate what is required.

Thanks for that. Didn't know what the red zz's were. I noticed mine have changed in the code we discussed after I made changes. Was wondering why....

What theme are you using?

Can you take a pic of just the climate screen? Thanks.

I’m using the Lincoln theme...I like the darker screen.

Here’s a pic of the Climate screen:

56496DBD-E738-4B89-8674-FDDAFB512553.jpeg

Looks good. Thanks again.

I'm going to try that switch you recommended to see if I get back those rear controls.

How does the Explorer database compare to the Edge database? I need to do some tweaking on her car, but I haven't found an 'Edge' database.

How does the Explorer database compare to the Edge database? I need to do some tweaking on her car, but I haven't found an 'Edge' database.

I am not sure how close they are because I have never logged into an Edge. With that said I would look at the Explorer spread sheet and see how the modules line up by name and coding. Try something small and make sure you write down the original value (so you can revert back if needed). Remember the last two digits do not matter just let them change as needed. They are a checksums of the other numbers in the line.

There is no "Edge" specific sheet. The most there is is this thread. But in general, the 2015+ Edge accepts most of the same mods as 2013+ Fusions, 2016+ Explorers & many from the 2015+ F-150.

L:OL, forgot to put the year in. Her edge is a 2010.

L:OL, forgot to put the year in. Her edge is a 2010.

Well maybe not so much. Do they the MFT with Nav if not you might be able to get the Nav feature working for them. Other then that I don't really know of anything Forscan will do for them.

Mainly she want's the blinker thing changed, just like everybody else she thinks the three blink is too short for metro driving. Wasn't sure what else I could play with, other than enabling the back up camera. Going to add an after market, and it would be nice for it to switch automatically. Beyond that it was going to be a look and see what options there were.

And I was thinking of another vehicle, her Edge is a 2012 not a 2010.

The blinker mod should work just fine.

I bookmarked the link to PlatinumOwner's spread sheet. Couldn't find a way to download it as i am unfamiliar with iCloud. The one I was really hoping to find was the rear hatch release. Her car does not have a release button on the dash, and the button on the fob doesn't activate anything. I was hoping to find something that would allow her to release the rear hatch with the fob. She drives Uber / Lyft occasionally, and would like to be able to open it without having to get out.

My other option is to track down a wiring diagram and put a switch in myself.

On the spreadsheet for Sync 2 it says in order to change the theme, an update package must be installed. Where would someone get said package?

has anyone found which line in the ipc module, and what needs to be changed for the rear parking aid sensor. the upgraded ipc I bought came from a vehicle with rear parking aid sensors. my piu does not and I get the rear parking aid error every time upon start up....

I
Many of the lines that are missing or not in the spreadsheet are excluded as they are not settings that are useful or should be modified. Usually, they don't even apply to this particular vehicle since modules are shared in many vehicles- in some cases there are even variables, that once modified, could cause damage. I have access to all of these though. If there is something specific you are looking for, feel free to PM me.
tried messaging you, but it won’t let me.

Hi
I have been trying to make global window open/close changes using the latest version of Forscan and the ELM 327 by OHP and am getting error messages. Do you know if Forscan is still limited when using it with such a new model vehicle ?

Have you written to forscan before with your adapter? If it is a cheap one, you wont be able to. You need one that is capable of both single and medium speed writing. Some have an actual toggle switch to change between the two, other higher priced ones can just so both

Hi
I have been trying to make global window open/close changes using the latest version of Forscan and the ELM 327 by OHP and am getting error messages. Do you know if Forscan is still limited when using it with such a new model vehicle ?

What error message are you getting? Did you do an extended license? We need a few more details before we can Swag it.

Mike

What error message are you getting? Did you do an extended license? We need a few more details before we can Swag it.

Mike
Hi Mike
Thanks for the reply. I am getting “ service procedure has been interrupted” I did the 1 year extended license for PC. I also have a 2018 Explorer Sport and successfully added Global window close using the same adapter.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Have you written to forscan before with your adapter? If it is a cheap one, you wont be able to. You need one that is capable of both single and medium speed writing. Some have an actual toggle switch to change between the two, other higher priced ones can just so both
I successfully wrote global windows close to my 2018 Explorer Sport but got “service procedure has been interrupted” error when trying it on the 2020 ST. I purchased the 1 year extended license.

Back