Recent FORScan database | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent FORScan database

I successfully wrote global windows close to my 2018 Explorer Sport but got “service procedure has been interrupted” error when trying it on the 2020 ST. I purchased the 1 year extended license.

So my bet it the 2020 does not have the same firmware as the 2018. That is why the error. Can yo do any other things to the 2020? They are new enough you may be the one to go out and test what is possible. Maybe #Platinumowner will chime in on the 2020

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So my bet it the 2020 does not have the same firmware as the 2018. That is why the error. Can yo do any other things to the 2020? They are new enough you may be the one to go out and test what is possible. Maybe #Platinumowner will chime in on the 2020
I will test and see what I can and cannot do. Will report back

I successfully wrote global windows close to my 2018 Explorer Sport but got “service procedure has been interrupted” error when trying it on the 2020 ST. I purchased the 1 year extended license.
That’s because I’m sure the 2020 is a different system. Not everything works between years. There’s stuff a 17 and 18 can have changed that I can’t change on my 16.

Hi
I have been trying to make global window open/close changes using the latest version of Forscan and the ELM 327 by OHP and am getting error messages. Do you know if Forscan is still limited when using it with such a new model vehicle ?
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:

Peter

That’s because I’m sure the 2020 is a different system. Not everything works between years. There’s stuff a 17 and 18 can have changed that I can’t change on my 16.
Thanks for the input

The links aren't working any longer :/

Any chance you can share the 2020 explorer?
Thanks!
The first one works for me, The 2nd one requires an Apple Sign-In (iCloud).

Peter

The first one works for me, The 2nd one requires an Apple Sign-In (iCloud).

Peter

You are correct, I’ve combined them in to the original spreadsheet which has been shared much more widely. I am adding many settings for the 2020s in the next week.

You are correct, I’ve combined them in to the original spreadsheet which has been shared much more widely. I am adding many settings for the 2020s in the next week.
Do you know if there is any setting like Secure Idle for 11-15 Explorer?
I'm pissed that anybody can drive it without key fob and it can be driven as long as one keeps engine running or restarts it within several seconds!

........I'm pissed that anybody can drive it without key fob and it can be driven as long as one keeps engine running or restarts it within several seconds!
They can only do that if you leave it running and unattended.

Peter

They can only do that if you leave it running and unattended.

Peter
That is not the point! Point is f...ing Ford did not secure it enough.

Personally I don't see an issue. On remote start, you have to lock the doors in order to start it. That is 'securing' the vehicle. If you close the door with the engine running and you take the fob with you, it honks the horn. That is a 'security' warning. If you want to leave it running and unattended, you can lock the vehicle with the Securicode keypad. If you leave it running and unattended and someone jumps in and takes off, that is not Ford's fault. It's that same as leaving your keys in the ignition. As far as the Fast Restart feature goes, I'm not sure why that is available or who has ever used it. I'm not really sure what it is you want Ford to have done. It is up to the driver/owner to ensure the vehicle is secure at all times.

Peter

how can i view the 11-19 codes? the above links dont seem to work for me

Is there a way to add WiFi hotspot to the WiFi settings? I didn’t see anything on the list.

Is there a way to add WiFi hotspot to the WiFi settings? I didn’t see anything on the list.
What kind of list do you mean? If its to add it by Forscan, No, it is not possible. You have to have a module for that feature to work, if vehicle has it that should be somewhere in the SYNC settings

I think he probably meant spreadsheet.
Stay safe out there in the West Denis.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ok thanks. Yes, I meant the spreadsheet. Oh well, I was trying to see if I could get the feature of starting / unlocking car from the FordPass app and read I needed the WiFi hotspot setting. I don’t have that setting under WiFi.

Back