• Register Today It's free!

Red/Clear Tail Lights

jconnway

Reaction score
City, State
NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Eddie Bauer 5.0
Hey guys, I'm picking up a 2000 Eddie Bauer on Monday. My second explorer, I previously had a 98 XLT.

Anyway, I'm excited to get into these trucks again but before I do there are a few things wrong with this new one, nothing major just stuff I'd like to get sorted out. First thing is the passenger tail light is cracked. I found tons of OEM tail lights on eBay, real cost effective so I was about to order but I also came across these:

Red and Clears

and was wondering if anyone had experience with these before. I really like the red/clear look and think it would go nicely with the red paint on my new truck.

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Interesting. They're certainly different. I'm not sure how I feel about them either way but what I can say is any aftermarket light will eventually leak in my experience. That being said it's not a big deal, just seal it with some clear RTV around the seam before you install it.

yep was planning on running a bead of silicone anyway. hoping someone has them with installed pictures

Neat. Do you have a law about what colour the indicators should be where you are?
They have to be amber here.

Neat. Do you have a law about what colour the indicators should be where you are?
They have to be amber here.

Nope, our indicators can be amber or red, nothing specified about lens color so long as the actual light is colored.

Back