Remote start smart phone app ? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Remote start smart phone app ?

So no one knows anything about this system at any of the dealers.

Not trying to be a nay sayer, so I will just say this:
I'm willing to drop some money to have it installed on my explorer if someone can give me info.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

one of the things I miss form GM.. I hope Ford gets it for us

cool, well they have till next winter to get it all sorted out for me,

cant wait

Since I'm like a child, I want it and I want it now (throws self to ground on dealership showroom floor)

A new version of the app was posted today.

I saw that. And the website was updated to say under construction coming soon

I searched some other forums. Rumor says 650 bucks for the module plus the 50 bucks a year we already knew about....

Hmm is 650 includes installation I might be tempted-- I live in seattle so it's temperate but if I was in Phoenix or chicago I would get this for sure

Some of the aftermarket remote starts already have that....

could you go to the Directed viper remotes and tell if it would work ?

on my previous car I really liked the two way remote too and not having to push 3 buttons to start :)

http://www.directed.com/Company/Press/2012/20121017.aspx

What if you used one of these?

http://www.viper.com/SmartStart/

What sort of warranties will you be breaking. I want remote start too but from what i see it doesnt offer all the bells and whistles.

I'll never use an aftermarket remote start again, last 2 cars I had nothing but problems related to the remote start install....

I will only use factory remote start from now on ...

Sounds like you had an installer problem :)

not a remote starter problem -- have had 3 aftermarkets installed and no issues...

Now I never tried one on the Audi as ze Germans do not like de remote start to go on der fiber optic cars....

Ah - my bad !!! just got this ex 5 days ago :) still learning it...

found this in the manual today:

USING MYKEY WITH REMOTE START SYSTEMS
MyKey is NOT compatible with non-Ford-approved aftermarket remote
start systems. If you choose to install a remote start system, please see
your Ford authorized dealer for a Ford-approved remote start system.

i have astrostart in mine, hated the ford one due to such short range. had astrostart in 5 cars/truck never had a problem, tried 2 different ford starters in 1 in EX one in Focus and both didnt work for me. had them removed and astrostarts put in (i though it try the OEM ones one last time) the start with phone feature is great

http://www.astrostart.com/Products/SmartStart/

PS do your research on your installer, these things are great but if you goto someone that dosnt know how to do them you will have alot of problems

Also mykey still works perfect!!!

I have the Viper SmartStart installed in my 13 Ex w MyKey. No issues at all.

Installed myself (I was a 12v installer in a previous life). 2nd car I've owned w SmartStart. I can start my car anywhere I get the interwebs. It comes in handy since I commute via train and can start my Ex a few stops away and it's warm (or cold) by the time I get off the train.

PM me for more info.

I think that statement was refering you wouldn't be able to start the vehicle with the ford key.

I might be missing something here but is this system primarily for those who don't have the proximity remote with remote start/lock/unlock and rear hatch open?

What added features do you get with this application besides remote start/unlock/lock and rear hatch open?

Is there a smartphone GUI with lots of new info?

I might be missing something here but is this system primarily for those who don't have the proximity remote with remote start/lock/unlock and rear hatch open?

What added features do you get with this application besides remote start/unlock/lock and rear hatch open?

Is there a smartphone GUI with lots of new info?

No. This system allows your smart phone to start lock/unlock the vehicle from any place in the world as long as the car has a cellular signal (and obviously your phone too)

Think GM's Remote Link for onstar...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just talked to my local dealership in Kelowna, B.C., Canada and the hardware will be available in July 2013. Price was roughly $535

Back