Remote start smart phone app ? | Page 13 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Remote start smart phone app ?

finally got a hold of someone over at QuirkParts...

Are you sure Quirk was the seller? I don't think anyone has reported buying from them, and I'm not even sure if they do activations over the phone. The reseller that several people here have used is Banner. Now that Benny can activate over the phone, he's your best bet.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thank you for your order :)

Once you get everything installed shoot me a PM.

Please note I will be on vacation next week though and may not have access to perform the activation.

Thank you for your business,
Benny

Glad you got it worked out. You'll enjoy the app. Best wishes

Are you sure Quirk was the seller? I don't think anyone has reported buying from them, and I'm not even sure if they do activations over the phone. The reseller that several people here have used is Banner. Now that Benny can activate over the phone, he's your best bet.

Funny, I was trying to figure out the banner/QuirkParts connection as well. So it turns out, from the Amazon link, you need to click the selection of vendors selling the item and then choose banner. That, I did not do! Chances are I would have been SOL in trying to get the thing activated had they sent me the right product and I needed to deal with them to get it activated!

Ah well, I'm happily waiting for the trusted source now :)

Actually banner did mine over the phone when they first car out. I was the first one they did. That was in April 2013. He couldn't believe it worked.

Yeah, Banner did mine too. Not sure Quirk will do it though.

I am new to the forum and I want to say thank you to everyone because you gave me great info. I just purchased a new 2014 base explorer and had a remote start put in by my dealership. The range isn't good. They told me they looked at everything and nothing they could do about it. Which works better the remote access or bi-directional remote for consistent start ups? Also on the remote access I have to choose between Iphone and android access?
Thanks
Wendy

Received the right package this time - from Benny's shop.

I got everything installed super quick. I mounted the shock sensor box up to the metal plates behind the dash to the left of the steering wheel and behind where the light switch knob is. There is an access panel you can take off. Figured if I could get the thing secured to metal as tightly as possible that would be a good spot. The other box is down underneath the dash foot panel sort of close to the main connector the first box connects to and replicates. Note, this kit did not come with what apparently is an option remote LED light... fine by me, just was expecting it since it was mentioned by others.

Everything is all plugged in and the alarm "shock" sensor works as it should..2 stages. Remotes still activate on/off. Seems I didn't have to do any programing of anykind... just plugged in and it worked after starting/ stopping the car and then locking the doors once.

Since Benny is on vaca I haven't gotten the remote access activated yet - just remembered he mentioned he's on vaca this week. I wonder if anyone else in his location can do the activations. I am a little unclear on what is needed to activate as well. The card the sim came on has no writing on it so I am not sure what I need to give him to get the thing activated anyway.

I suppose best bet is just to wait... but I'm VERY impatient ;-)

I'll update once I hear back from ol' Benny!

I am new to the forum and I want to say thank you to everyone because you gave me great info. I just purchased a new 2014 base explorer and had a remote start put in by my dealership. The range isn't good. They told me they looked at everything and nothing they could do about it. Which works better the remote access or bi-directional remote for consistent start ups? Also on the remote access I have to choose between Iphone and android access?
Thanks
Wendy

Curious what did they charge you? They just gave you two OEM 3 button IKT keys right? And yes you either have to have an android based phone or iphone to download the app. You can also do it via a web interface.

They included it in as part of the purchase. They gave me 2 new sets of keys w/ 4 buttons. Since the range isn't what I need I have to find something else. I read here the range on the remote access is good I need to start my vehicle in the parking lot at work at least 500 ft.
thanks

Received the right package this time - from Benny's shop.

I got everything installed super quick. I mounted the shock sensor box up to the metal plates behind the dash to the left of the steering wheel and behind where the light switch knob is. There is an access panel you can take off. Figured if I could get the thing secured to metal as tightly as possible that would be a good spot. The other box is down underneath the dash foot panel sort of close to the main connector the first box connects to and replicates. Note, this kit did not come with what apparently is an option remote LED light... fine by me, just was expecting it since it was mentioned by others.

Everything is all plugged in and the alarm "shock" sensor works as it should..2 stages. Remotes still activate on/off. Seems I didn't have to do any programing of anykind... just plugged in and it worked after starting/ stopping the car and then locking the doors once.

Since Benny is on vaca I haven't gotten the remote access activated yet - just remembered he mentioned he's on vaca this week. I wonder if anyone else in his location can do the activations. I am a little unclear on what is needed to activate as well. The card the sim came on has no writing on it so I am not sure what I need to give him to get the thing activated anyway.

I suppose best bet is just to wait... but I'm VERY impatient ;-)

I'll update once I hear back from ol' Benny!

I will be back in the office tomorrow and will get you taken care of:thumbsup:

Thanks for hangin in there!

-Benny

I will be back in the office tomorrow and will get you taken care of:thumbsup:

Thanks for hangin in there!

-Benny

Benny is the man, called me and got the thing setup in just a few moments today.

Now onto another problem. I am running an android device and cannot get the remote access app to get past the acceptance of terms and conditions. A search on google shows that this seems to be a common problem!

For those of you who have purchased this kit, are any of you running android devices and run into this issue on the remote app??

Benny is the man, called me and got the thing setup in just a few moments today.

Now onto another problem. I am running an android device and cannot get the remote access app to get past the acceptance of terms and conditions. A search on google shows that this seems to be a common problem!

For those of you who have purchased this kit, are any of you running android devices and run into this issue on the remote app??

I am using and Android (HTC One M8) and did not have any issue installing. What version of Android do you have and what phone brand/model.

I am using and Android (HTC One M8) and did not have any issue installing. What version of Android do you have and what phone brand/model.

Ironic, I am using an HTC M8 as well. I've removed the app, restarted, re-installed, same issue. Created a new account with diff e-mail address same. Called spindance and emailed their support - no response yet... I looked at some of the reviews in the app store, definitely not an isolated issue as many users report same exact issue. I'll try on my tablet when I get home just for grins... not sure what else to try

Got it working - I signed on via the website - my.fordremoteaccess.com and logged in, accepted the T&C there, and moved on. All working now.

Phew!

I have a Windows phone. Is there an app for their operating system?

I have a Windows phone. Is there an app for their operating system?

Don't believe so. There is a web interface though so as long as you can get the webpage you can use it. Just not as quick.

Do you have a link to the web interface? I need to see if I can access it through my work computer or work phone before I pull the trigger.

Since iOS 8.1 was released has anyone seen an update for this App?....seems odd everybody else is updating their App to work better with new OS and iPhone 6.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Wish I saw this earlier to help put. Same thing when I got it earlier this year.. could not accept them on the phone so went through the computer to do it.

Back