Remote start stopped working. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Remote start stopped working.

bobogator

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Explorer Limited
2012 Explorer Limited. A few weeks ago, when I did the remote start procedure with the IA key, the car made a ka-chunk noise and didn't start. It started from the push button when I got into the car and has had no problems starting from the push button since then, but the remote start isn't working at all...no noises at all. Could it be something simple like a fuse, or should I bring it into the dealer for some warranty work?

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This is a stupid question, but did you try the another key fob?

I'm not sure it would be a fuse though as it is all integrated with the computer, etc. Did you go through the settings screen and make sure nothing got reset (that it is still enabled, etc.). Also could be the keyfob since you have to press lock and then remote start twice - maybe one of the buttons is sticking or something?

2012 Explorer Limited. A few weeks ago, when I did the remote start procedure with the IA key, the car made a ka-chunk noise and didn't start. It started from the push button when I got into the car and has had no problems starting from the push button since then, but the remote start isn't working at all...no noises at all. Could it be something simple like a fuse, or should I bring it into the dealer for some warranty work?

Thanks!
Did it ever work with remote start? Did the signal lights flash? Sometimes owners forget to push the Lock button on the remote before the actual remote start.

Peter

I've had that happen to me before but the remote start works again after I've pushed the start button in the car....when I attempt to remote start it, the lights flash twice but doesn't start. So I haven't taken it to dealership because its so random that they won't be able to reproduce the issue.....

I have a remote on my Escape and it has a disable switch when maintanance is performed on the engine ...... If you have this, it might be switched to disabled mode.

I have a remote on my Escape and it has a disable switch when maintanance is performed on the engine ...... If you have this, it might be switched to disabled mode.
As far as I know, the 2012 is the same as the 2011. There is no 'disable' switch. However, if the setting in the left hand screen is set to Disable, it would be the same thing. It might be a good idea to check that since I've had the odd setting change seemingly on its own.

Peter

Back