Remote Starter | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Remote Starter

Fred91456

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Sport
I Dont know this has been discussed before, but i have the factory built in remote starter, and coming from a viper system from my old car that had a mile long range its kind of a letdown for me that this starter only works from like a half a block away, since sometimes i park around the corner from my house and then i cant remote start, and on the other hand i wouldnt install the viper since i would loose out on the advantage from having my car set to automatic AC/HEAT and cooled or heated seats. so would anyone have any idea if it would be in any way possible to add some kind of antenna or range extender of any sort, to extend the range of the remote starter??

I Dont know this has been discussed before, but i have the factory built in remote starter, and coming from a viper system from my old car that had a mile long range its kind of a letdown for me that this starter only works from like a half a block away, since sometimes i park around the corner from my house and then i cant remote start, and on the other hand i wouldnt install the viper since i would loose out on the advantage from having my car set to automatic AC/HEAT and cooled or heated seats. so would anyone have any idea if it would be in any way possible to add some kind of antenna or range extender of any sort, to extend the range of the remote starter??
One way to determine whether or not a subject has been previously discussed is to use the 'Search' function. You will find it near the top of the page on the right near the Welcome..... I like to use the Advanced Search and then specify which Forum I want to check out. There have been several posts/threads on this issue but it seems the range varies depending upon where you are. Also not all manufacturers appear to have the same range built in to the keyfobs.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=310744&highlight=remote+start

There are many other threads that discuss the use of and settings.

Peter

Back