Remote Start / Entry Antenna Location | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Remote Start / Entry Antenna Location

seems, that for a Explorer from 2014 no antenna is available. :(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It's good enough to recognize the fob signal from about 300' which I believe is the mentioned OEM range.

Peter

My fob seems to have lost some range. I have replaced the battery twice but no improvement. It used to have longer range, I would open it from my living room but now I have to go outside beside the car (2013 XLT) to get the fob to unlock it.

I don't necessarily want to increase the OEM range, I'd just like to restore it to the range it had for years. Is there something in the car that might have failed?

My fob seems to have lost some range. I have replaced the battery twice but no improvement. It used to have longer range, I would open it from my living room but now I have to go outside beside the car (2013 XLT) to get the fob to unlock it.

I don't necessarily want to increase the OEM range, I'd just like to restore it to the range it had for years. Is there something in the car that might have failed?

My sentiments exactly. I haven't had my 2013 long enough to know if it ever had a better range but I would like it to work farther than 50 feet of line of sight only.

Do you have anything plugged into a USB or power point?

Peter

My sentiments exactly. I haven't had my 2013 long enough to know if it ever had a better range but I would like it to work farther than 50 feet of line of sight only.
I've tested mine once from about 200' without any issue.

Peter

you can plug the long bar shaped add on antenna with wire extension for the F150s and route it up a side pillar? Don't know if it was just me but I felt the remote was more consistent :dunno:. Best bet is to purchase the add on remote start module with the square shaped extended range antenna that goes on the inside of the windshield and can either get a 1 way or 2 way remote.
Is it possible to program a bidirectional remote to a factory remote start? I have the push button start with the 5 button fob in my ‘14 explorer sport.

I've tested mine once from about 200' without any issue.

Peter
Well, I'm glad for you but mine has nowhere near that range. 50-60 feet at best. Any obstruction in the way, even window glass, and the damn thing doesn't work at all.

^^ I'm glad to see that you agree with yourself.:D

Peter

Back