removed side steps | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

removed side steps

yellow_edge

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 XLT
k i have a 00 xlt its got the side steps that are flush to the body. took them off today and looks killer, but it has all those holes in it from the snaps. no a huge deal but can i like bondo it from behind or something?

i had a ranger where i line-x'd the rocker panels all around, was thinking to maybe do that like the thin strip below the doors? it looks really clean just need to take care of the holes. i have tires coming shortly and wil finish the look off with some soft 8s.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

k i have a 00 xlt its got the side steps that are flush to the body. took them off today and looks killer, but it has all those holes in it from the snaps. no a huge deal but can i like bondo it from behind or something?

i had a ranger where i line-x'd the rocker panels all around, was thinking to maybe do that like the thin strip below the doors? it looks really clean just need to take care of the holes. i have tires coming shortly and wil finish the look off with some soft 8s.

I have the same project going on at my house, I plan to find the rocker panel covers from a Explorer XLS, or one that has the nerf bars. If I can't find those parts i'm just going to fill all of the holes and paint it with rhino liner. I need to repair about 8 inches of the rocker panel anyway, so i'll either be drilling 8 holes in my new repair, or filling 25 holes everywhere else.

so what do you plan on covering the holes with? whats the xls cover look like?

Yeah thatwouldnt look bad. I really like how it looks with nothing though, if I could get those holes filled.say I was to get those, do they bolt right in? And how could you get the paint matched?

Back