• Register Today It's free!

Side suggestions

slaughterrt

Reaction score
City, State
Old Bridge, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer XLT
I recently removed the stock side steps on my 99 XLT. I like the way it looks without them, however, now I have a bunch of holes where the side steps bolted onto the bottom of my truck. I have been toying with some ideas on how to improve the look of those holes. I want to do something different and make it look good. I don't want to just bondo and paint them. I want something interesting, so if anyone has any suggestions, please tell me. I need something that is not super expensive, but I want it to look good. Thanks guys and look forward to suggestions. -Rob

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm going to Line-X the lower sides of my 99' explorer. You cant even tell the holes are there after its done. Its the same as a spray in bed liner. You can have it done in black or several other colors. It also helps with preventing body rot (rust) and door dings.

My 96 XLT has body moulding that adds a little bit of curve to the bottom of the explorer, its covers the 100 holes that run across the bottom. I imagine its the same holes your talking about.

yeah i got those holes to but i just ignore them lol

Thanks for the link. That was very informative. I think I may just get the Au-ve-co fasteners and fill in the holes with those. They looked good in the pic.

Back