Removing plastic behind back seats | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Removing plastic behind back seats

Wait_Im_Reloadin

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
05 XLT
I recently bought an amp and a sub to install in my 2005 sport trac, but my amp is pretty large and will not fit under the seat, or inside the compartment behind the back seat (where the jack is located) I was wondering if I could remove all the plastic that's behind that backseat so I can place my amp there?

Edit: Also, does the XLT factory radio have RC jacks for the subs?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

anything on any vehicle is removable. Take a long hard look at it before you take it apart, i cant say 100% but i believe that area once removed may not go back together very well. im sure ncranchero will chime in soon enough though

It will go back okay. IIRC the back panel trim is in two pieces, the piece that goes against the cab back panel and the piece with the compartment doors in it. It's been a while now since I had mine apart so I'd have to look at it again to be sure.

John_Rock, yours is still out isn't it? One or two pieces??

John?

John?

J o h n ..... Wake up, it's morning!

Thanks for the replys!
I took mine apart this morning and came out pretty well.

Now I gotta go out to get an aftermarket stereo that's compatible with RC wires.

Btw, could someone give me the stereo wiring diagram for the 2005 Sport Trac?

you wont need a diagram if you buy an adapter. and the adapter will come with the info you need to wire up the adapter :)

Back