Repainted Trim | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Repainted Trim

I already have the painted bumpers, but Im thinking about spraying the plastic running boards gloss black. Hard to tell from your pictures but did it come out really shiny? I like the shiny look (my x is all black) and hate how my running boards are dull black.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi,
New to Explorer Forums. Does the paint come in a tan color. I like the two tone, but I would go tan to immitate the eddie bauer trim. BTW, I have a dark blue XLT with the beige leather trim

Thanks,

it mite... i would check at ur local hardware store and ask them where krylon fusion is and check the cap for the color... maybe theyve released more colors since its such a hit

I already have the painted bumpers, but Im thinking about spraying the plastic running boards gloss black. Hard to tell from your pictures but did it come out really shiny? I like the shiny look (my x is all black) and hate how my running boards are dull black.

yea i got gloss black so it shines... i only put on one coat cuz i was impatient, but if u take the time to do it and put 2 or 3 coats it should give it a pretty smooth look... make sure to clean dirt off first so it doesnt stick to it and i think ull be good to go

sorry it took a while for me to respond... ive been on vacation and just got back...

what kind of directions do u need?
How did you remove your fender flare pieces? And what finish did you use. Satin, Gloss, flat?
Thanx, Jared G.

How did you remove your fender flare pieces? And what finish did you use. Satin, Gloss, flat?
Thanx, Jared G.

the way i removed the black stopper deals was to use a flat head screw driver and a vise grip... i kind of tore them up in the process and just kept the ones that went on the bottommost hole... it still holds in place cuz of the way it connects to the body... after u get those black stoppers out, just pull and ull see these white long flat pieces... get the entire piece off and ull have to take off the white pieces to get it back on... the way i did it, was i pulled one side up on the white piece and used a flat rubber piece to pry the stopper out, since it hooks on the inside... after that, just repeat the process for the others and it should work just fine

Back