Repair manual

Rodwrencher

Reaction score
City, State
Jefferson
Year, Model & Trim Level
05 sploder
xlt 4wd
Hello everyone. Brand new to the forum here. Gotta say you have some really good information on here. Great job!!! I was wondering if anyone knew repair manual in PDF format. I have searched on several sites and I'm not been able to find one. I'm having a pretty bad misfire on my Explorer... got a 05 with a 4.6 V8. It's running very rich and all together running very poorly. I'm not sure right now if I have a leaking intake gasket or if an ignition coil O2 sensor what it is but I'd like to get a repair manual to have an idea what I'm getting into. Thanks in advance for any of you who do reply to this question.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You mean like a Haynes or Chilton type repair manual? Pretty sure you can buy those electronic versions online

If you are having to add any and I mean any coolant to your reservoir then also start checking into your spark plug wells to see if those are wet down at bottom. The plastic intake manifold also seals coolant passages into your head and when the sealing surfaces start going you will get coolant into the spark plug well and also perhaps coolant runs along surface of intake and gets into combustion chambers. I sure that’s what happened with mine when I started having misfires and it also fried my cats.

Yep. Fried the cats on mine too. I am planning on checking the plugs for coolant this evening. Ill let you know what I find. Thanks a lot.

I got the big books from someone, I forget who at the moment. I just remember paying about 181.00 for them. lots of paper. get a bag for them at a thift store. you can fit your records book in there too.

Back