Solved - Replaced Blend door and now only blows out defrost. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Solved Replaced Blend door and now only blows out defrost.

Prefix for threads that contain problems that have been resolved, and there is an answer within the thread.

ExplorerSHO

Reaction score
City, State
Boston, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Limited 52k miles
I went all winter with no heat in New England in my 1995 Ford Explorer Limited.
I could push any button and air would come out in the vents floor and defrost on demand.
I cut a small hole in the Bottom of the Air Box and replaced the Blend Door with a new one and then tested it and it moves using the automatic climate control.
I used Aluminum Tape to cover the whole up really good and held a match around it and turned on the Heat and AC and no leaks around the whole at all.

But now that this is fixed, the Heat and AC works great except it only now blows out through the Defrost only.

PLEASE HELP

The switch between vents is vacuum controlled. Drop the glovebox and check the vacuum lines (white hoses that run outside along the middle of the plenum) to see if they got loose or pulled when you were working on the blend door.

Thanks Turdle,
It was just a broken plastic vacuum line coming from the res ball and took 2 min to cut it and reattach it and now it works just fine.
Thanks Bro.

Back