Replaced Serpentine belt now NO START | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Replaced Serpentine belt now NO START

xplorer79

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Explorer
My 98 explorer was having some problems with stalling when coming to a stop. At a light the truck stalled. I put the truck in park restarted and then immediately put in drive to avoid stalling out again. At that time the truck jumped and I noticed the battery light came on. I then turned around and came back home about 1/4 of a mile parked the truck and looked under the hood. I noticed that the serpentine/drive belt was broken. I replaced it the next day went to start the truck and it would not start. Tried to jump it and nothing. Recharged the battery and nothing. So I have purchased a new battery and still the same...nothing!:( The belt routing is correct. The belt turns but no start. When the key is to the On position the engine, check gage, and battery lights stay illuminated. I can hear the fuel pump engaging and the fuel pump relay clicks when I had someone turn to On while I touched it so I don't think it's the fuel pump. The inertia button is down. I put fuel in the truck. The theft light stops flashing when I try to start. I have no clue what is going on and need help! I can't afford to take to shop. What could be wrong???? PLEASE HELP! Thanks in advance!!!

humm
Start with basics Spark, Fuel, dose it have both. Spark at plugs. Fuel at fuel rail.

I'm thinking you knocked the crank sensor out when the belt came off.

No crank sensor signal, no spark, no run.

+1 my98nnj

Back