Replacement hub mounting bolts

99SportX

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Duluth, MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Ex & Mounty
Does anyone know the ford part number for the three bolts that hold the hub to the knhckle? Or perhaps an aftermarket OEM alternative? I am in need of replacements. I scoured this site and others to no avail.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Does anyone know the ford part number for the three bolts that hold the hub to the knhckle? Or perhaps an aftermarket OEM alternative? I am in need of replacements. I scoured this site and others to no avail.

I didn’t find the part number but solved my issue in a different way by obtaining some used factory bolts.

Hi Eric, how's it going there?

Any OEM bolt will be better than 95% of aftermarket choices. I'd have hunted used ones also, they are at the top end of strength, hardware store bolts are a mixed bag of strength and quality.

I have two more 98 Limited's now, spares needed from not fixing the old stuff. How's that LS 99 Sport doing these days?

I wish Ford had done the updating of the pushrod SBF like Chevy did. I'd love to see what a modern Ford SBF could have become, Cleveland canted valves, variable valve timing, AL blocks, titanium rods. The Coyote is a sweet engine of course, but it's a mighty big engine, big block big. The LS is going to be to a go to engine swap choice for ages.

Hi Eric, how's it going there?

Any OEM bolt will be better than 95% of aftermarket choices. I'd have hunted used ones also, they are at the top end of strength, hardware store bolts are a mixed bag of strength and quality.

I have two more 98 Limited's now, spares needed from not fixing the old stuff. How's that LS 99 Sport doing these days?

I wish Ford had done the updating of the pushrod SBF like Chevy did. I'd love to see what a modern Ford SBF could have become, Cleveland canted valves, variable valve timing, AL blocks, titanium rods. The Coyote is a sweet engine of course, but it's a mighty big engine, big block big. The LS is going to be to a go to engine swap choice for ages.

"hardware store bolts are a mixed bag of strength and quality."

This may be generally true; however if one pays attention to what's going on, very acceptable results are often waiting at the "hardware store" Our ACE store has a huge stock of threaded fasteners of all kinds, even Torx. Metrics are properly coded on bolt heads up to the most usual high-strength; lowest grade uss bolts there are grade 5. Stainless steel bolts are available in hex head as well as hex socket head. As grade goes up, as expected, so does price. You get the idea; one must be astute.

They are M12 x 1.75 pitch, and whatever length they are. ;)

I'm not shy about using grade 8 hardware store bolts, but they're Ford part # 1L2Z-1107-AA

Here's one source, may be cheapest for the OEM part but i don't know what their S/H charge is for something this small.

2ab1b49a306532d71efd889342d1de08[1].jpg

The key is finding a source with a good enough selection of high strength bolts, so you can locate the right quality bolt. Washers are cruitical too, very few places ever have high strength washers. I have a hydraulics hose company which has been a go to place for many things, including bolts and washers. They have so many they can't display them in the front customer area.

The trick is finding those rare places that carry enough of the good stuff. I'm glad Ace Hardware is still a great source, most of those here have gone away.

That OEM bolt link is a good deal, if those do work on the 95-01's, the washer is not on our stock hub bolts.

Thanks all. Any bolt of the same grade would likely suffice but I like the flange head style of the stock bolt. Those are a little harder to find. With the original bolt I can torque it to the book spec and know I am good.

I am converting a XLT 5.0 2wd to AWD using the old setup from my Sport.

Thanks all. Any bolt of the same grade would likely suffice but I like the flange head style of the stock bolt. Those are a little harder to find. With the original bolt I can torque it to the book spec and know I am good.

I am converting a XLT 5.0 2wd to AWD using the old setup from my Sport.
You can find those easy at the Fastenal site. I order from there all the time. I last ordered Flange bolts and serrated locking nuts from them for my OBS ford radius arm brackets. Perfect.

I know you posted a while ago. I just wonder if you found something that helped you?
I posted the needed info in this same topic, link to that post:

I purchase my bolts for my 95 from flangebolts.com
See pictures

IMG_20230421_093555.jpg

Flangebolts.com
The 60mm is for hub. The 30 km ?

IMG_20230421_093551.jpg

IMG_20230421_093529.jpg

IMG_20230421_093534.jpg

Back