• Register Today It's free!

Replacement Infotainment Screen

Jordan98

Reaction score
City, State
Greensboro, Nc
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Ford Explorer LTD
I have a 2016 Ford Explorer Limited. The screen had become unresponsive about a month ago. Tried resetting the screen, as well as a hard reset, disconnecting the battery for a while. Nothing changed when I booted it back up. I ordered a new screen and swapped them out and the touch is perfect, but it seems now my heated steering wheel option is no longer on the screen, nor does it warm up on remote start. The button for the front camera does not work anymore either, however, when I put it in reverse, it will then let me cycle through the cameras and angles. Has anyone had this issue before or is there anything that needs to be done after screen is installed?

It's as if the "Limited" options are gone. I wouldn't think the screen would control that, just display, but maybe they do. Maybe I got an XLT screen instead of a Limited screen?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
What was the part number of the item you ordered?

Peter

Tried searching both numbers on the Ford Parts site with no luck and also the 'DB' number on the Levittown Ford site and again no luck.
Part is likely obsolete. It does come up on Internet searches but haven't found the 'Fitment' list which is what I was hoping to find.

Peter

Your likely going to need to use forscan to enable/set the options codes in the APIM to match the features your car has.

The part number you provided is the screen itself, but if you bought it at a junkyard it may well have come with the APIM or brain box attached. In which case you need to have it programmed to match your vehicles options. Forscan is the cheaper fix but worst case you can take it to a dealer and ask them to restore your as-built settings with their IDS software.

Back