• Register Today It's free!

Replacement radiator

2'91fords

Reaction score
City, State
los angeles
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 explorer sport
Anyone know where i can get the best radiator for my $$? Its a 91 sport auto. Autozone has one for $199.99 +tax oem replacement but id like to upgrade to higher quality if it won't cost too much more.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

www.radiatorbarn.com They carry a few different brands, all which are good quality(much better than autozone). They have the best prices around, free shipping, and lifetime warranties on all their radiators. Plus 1 day shipping in most states

I can speak first hand to their customer service, and when one of their radiator's started leaking at the seam I called them, they paid to have the radiator shipped back to them, and I had a check for full amount $127.50 within a few days.
I have bought a few radiators, a/c condenser's from them...best online company I have ever delt with.

$118.60 ! that is a hell of a price ! i just put in for me a new one ! thanks man ...

how about performance? does anyone make a 3 core? what are the v8 conversion guys running?

You can get a 3-core for your truck, it was part of Ford's "super cooling" package back then. I got a 3-core from www.fordpartsnetwork.com and it cost about $210-220 or so.

I bought mine from Radiator Barn back in December of 04 and it is doing great. Great company to deal with and fast shipping.

I got mine from a national radiator hotline, price and quality was very good and they delivered free next day. If you are interested I will try to find the # to call.

Got mine from U-Pull-It. 46 bucks. :D

I bought an Autozone radiator and took it back because it was so darn thin. Got a heavy duty one from American Radiator in Oceanside, California for around $110.00

Maybe it was for a manual trans. They seem to be thinner.

Careful 3 core brass is NOT better then a 2 core aluminum. I've been through all this cooling crap with my Jeep ( see signature).

I just replaced the Stock original Ford radiator with a stock type Modine ( NAPA sold it to me). Although I am not a fan of the Aluminum/plastic combo , I figured the first one lasted 233000 miles. Good enough for me.

Back