• Register Today It's free!

Replacing bushings

pbzmag

Reaction score
City, State
Los Angeles
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 XLT
I am considering of replacing the front/rear sway bar bushings of my 99 X. I was looking at the Energy Suspension poly bushings but noticed that there are none for the rears. Has anyone replaced theirs? I'm not really looking into replacing the bar itself as it has 140+ miles already. It's tempting but holding back since I spent money on a new computer. I'm also considering of replacing the control arm and tie rod bushings too. Is it worth replacing those?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

pbzmag said:
I am considering of replacing the front/rear sway bar bushings of my 99 X. I was looking at the Energy Suspension poly bushings but noticed that there are none for the rears. Has anyone replaced theirs? I'm not really looking into replacing the bar itself as it has 140+ miles already. It's tempting but holding back since I spent money on a new computer. I'm also considering of replacing the control arm and tie rod bushings too. Is it worth replacing those?

I just ordered a set from ww.autopartswarehouse.com after searching the web and ebay it was the best price I found. I do not know why you need to replace the bar itself unless it is bent.

As far as the rear I ordered a set for the 95-97 and hope they will will work. I need to take the chance since I am not in the US often and get what I can while there. I hope these work but as far as I know it is the same rear sway bar.

This is what I ordered
Scott

Parts Ordered
1998 - 2001 Ford Energy Susp Suspension Bushings Price: $30.26 Qty: 1 Part #: E1245155G

1995 - 1997 Ford Energy Susp Suspension Bushings Price: $17.14 Qty: 1 Part #: E1245153G

1991 - 2001 Ford Energy Susp Steering Boots Price: $3.01 Qty: 1 Part #: E12913101G

Sub Total: $50.41
Shipping: $0.00
Tax: $0.00
Core: $0.00
Total: $50.41

did they fit?

Please let us know if the rears fit. If possible, can you get the size of the bar? I'll probably get the universal fit parts, along with some endlink bushings. I would have used my brothers calipers but he's in Taiwan right now installing robotic cells.

Well I finally got some cheap calipers and found the size of my rear swaybar. It's 19mm but will get more dimensions on the bushings when I can get my EX on some jack stands.

Is there a significant change in handling with these bushings? I might consider buying some.

Back