• Register Today It's free!

Replacing Front Emblem

audiophile172

Reaction score
City, State
Seacoast - NH
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer Sport
Anyone by chance know how to remove the front 9" Ford emblem from the 2013's? I have a Sport model in Tuxedo Black and would like to install new black emblems in place of the traditional blue ovals. I can easily remove the 2 speed nuts on the back side but something else is holding it on. Not sure if there are clips or a nut that I can't access from the hood latch area? Wanted to check before I resort to drilling out the center of it to see what gives!!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If it's like all the other "badging" on the vehicle, it's also held on with double-sided tape.

You have to remove the front grill and grind off the heat welded pins from behind the grill that secures the badge in place.

Do you know if the quality has been fixed on those air dog? I am also interested in this.

Not that I know of...still haven't pulled the trigger to get them, waiting on the all black ones to come out that's if they ever come out.

Thanks airdog007. I'm all set grinding anything on a brand new vehicle and just ordered a set of black emblems w/ chrome lettering from DMB. Sounds like the quality may be a gamble but for $30 I just won't use them if they're too shoddy. I think they'll look good and certainly better than the stock blue ones. I'll use these other ones on my kids toys.....

Those pictures make the emblems look pretty good quality wise.

Here are mine from DMB.....

IMG_1502.jpg

IMG_1503.jpg

IMG_1504.jpg

IMG_1505.jpg

IMG_1499.jpg

IMG_1500.jpg

IMG_1501.jpg

IMG_1498.jpg

IMG_1490.jpg

IMG_1491.jpg

IMG_1492.jpg

cnsheets, looking good! Now I'm really looking forward to getting them. I'm sure the black w/ chrome will look sweet enough on my Tuxedo Black EX and certainly better then the traditional blue's on an all black rig.

Surprised Ford hasn't shut down DMB Graphics for copyright infringement yet.
They've closed all the other previous emblem companies not owned by FoMoCo.

i had the black ones they were great, but as soon as winter got here they pretty much fell off. would recommend them at all, if you live anywhere in the northern 1/3rd of the USA

Got these done by dmb. The letters from the front emblem pops out a little so when I applied it you could see the indentation. Its in the last pic.

SAM_3376_zps76f953f6.jpg

SAM_3374_zpse9fce0b7.jpg

SAM_3382_zpscd720408.jpg

SAM_3384_zps59b24d81.jpg

SAM_3351_zps019577a9.jpg

OEM front badge

If this is the wrong place the mods can move it, I couldn't post in the 'for sale' section.

I am wondering if anyone who has removed the OEM badge from the front is willing to part with theirs. I hit a road marker and it broke one of the pins in mine. Just curious. Thanks,

If this is the wrong place the mods can move it, I couldn't post in the 'for sale' section.
I am wondering if anyone who has removed the OEM badge from the front is willing to part with theirs. I hit a road marker and it broke one of the pins in mine. Just curious. Thanks,
Only those with an Elite membership may post 'for sale' items.

Moving thread to the 'Modified' forum.

Peter

I'm assuming you completed this already but mine I took off the two nuts and there is a small silver screw in the middle. It still held on tight and I was determined to get it off so I put a screw driver behind the emblem from the bottom in case I couldn't get it off and there were marks left. I just popped off each side one at a time.

Handles and Ford Oval

I used my crapy iPhone 4s to take the photos. They were taken inside of my garage and the lighting sucks. Hope you get the idea of what they look like up close. I own a Harley Davidson Road King so I had to add a little touch with my Made in America toys! :salute::troops:

Attachments

• July 2014 dump 148.jpg
    July 2014 dump 148.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 1,672
  • July 2014 dump 146.jpg
    July 2014 dump 146.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 1,604
  • July 2014 dump 144.jpg
    July 2014 dump 144.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 1,583
  • July 2014 dump 142.jpg
    July 2014 dump 142.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 1,585

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back