Replacing my 4" screen with an 8" | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Replacing my 4" screen with an 8"

So what you're suggesting is that bc I haven't the sync MyFord already with the 54pin ACM I could at the least plug it in and try? Did you need any dealership programming for your Sony 8" up fit Bill?
I use Forscan for everything. You would have to wire the 54 pin in than. It’s not that hard if your doing Sync 3. If you do Sync 2 there a a bunch more wires assuming you want the AV stuff active. All the wires you need are near by but it’s a bit of work the first time for sure.

I use Forscan for everything. You would have to wire the 54 pin in than. It’s not that hard if your doing Sync 3. If you do Sync 2 there a a bunch more wires assuming you want the AV stuff active. All the wires you need are near by but it’s a bit of work the first time for sure.
My bad Bill. I meant that I do have "myFord Sync". Idk if that's v1 or 2.

IMG_20220217_020447.jpg

It’s like Sync 1.1 I Believe. If you have a microphone up there that you should have a 54 pin.
Yes I do have the 54 pin plug. Seems like I might be shipping for an 8" Sony deck

Back