replacing stock speakers with aftermarket speakers | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

replacing stock speakers with aftermarket speakers

92eddyB

Reaction score
City, State
independence missouri
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 eddie bauer
i have a 1992 eddie bauer and i am wanting to replace the speakers because i am hearing to much crackling sounds from them and its driving me crazy,i have taken the door panels off and while looking at the back of the speaker its not the same wiring, its more like a plug, not the normal two wires that came with my aftermarket speakers, what should i do??? PLEASE HELP!:salute:

they sell speaker end adapters at walmart and or you could just cut the ends off and do it that way...thats what i did .the factory speakers were so old that the surround fell off of them ....just'a flapping in the wind .

Autozone sells Ford adapters that will let you connect the speaker to the factory wiring plug without cutting anything. Good for if you might put the factory speakers in or just want a super clean install, but if you could care less, it's fine to cut the plug off the wires and just use crimp connectors to connect the speaker wires to the vehicle wires.

Back