Restored my second Gen Expo back to Glory! (or some, anyway) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Restored my second Gen Expo back to Glory! (or some, anyway)

4FordFamily

Been there done that
Reaction score
City, State
Fishers, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
'16 Sport, 08, other ford
Back in the day, my first car ever when I was 16 was a 1995 Ford Explorer, w/ 90k.

With Davin Streetspin 1 rims, 4 15's, 3 tv's, xbox, HID headlights, grills, clear tails, etc. it was a decent ford truck.

I sold it to buy a new dodge charger... (for 6000)

Just bought it back for 1000 some odd months ago. Steady work has progressed, and through all the rusty areas, and cleaning, and money spent.. this is how she stands now...

CHARGEREXPLORER24s.jpg

Explorer24sChargersubs.jpg

NEWWANGS.jpg

BALLERLIGHTSDAY.jpg

EXPLODERASS.jpg

ChargerBackSideways.jpg
(here's my charger in Arkansas)

Explorer Mods:
24" Milanni Blizzards, in 255/30/24 tires (No cut no rub)
4 12" Orion HCCA 12's tuned to 30hz w/ a
5000 watt Orion D amp
Kinetic Battery
300 Amp Alternator
10.2" Flip-down TV w/ DVD player
Billet Grill
Diamond Cut Headlights
Diamond Cut Corners
6000k bi-xenon HID headlights (Real HID, but I have brights, not just lows)
6000k HID foglights
Clear Tails (I love these)
A pioneer deck, I forget the model but it's nice
Shaved Locks (except on rear)
Painted front & rear bumpers
(Custom paint, but it sucks really bad lol)
15% tint on front windows, and double-wrapped 2.5 on rear windows.
more I cannot remember

This is my 4wd.

The charger...
MGmypics011.jpg

22" Davin Streetspin 1's (set as floaters usually)
265/35/22 Tires (Pirelli)
15% tint all-around
Eclipse Titanium 12's,
1300HCT amp (1300RMS)
12 ferad capacitor
Pioneer Avic D2 Navi/Tv
7" headrest Tv's that flip out to the side,
Tinted Tails
Tinted Corners
Grill & bumper grill
6000K Hid headlights
6000k Hid foglights
10 Switch Digital Air Ride (goes on in 2 weeks)
Davin-Edition Emblem (From BilletTechnolgies)
More I can't remember all the little crap

DavinEmblemRear.jpg

(That's the emblem and rear end)

ChargerStereo.jpg

That's my system, no big deal I don't want a loud one in a newer car..

And I also have a 2000 Durango that I'm trying to sell

10064097_2008714117122.jpg

10064097_2008714117243.jpg

10064097_2008714117484.jpg

10064097_2008714114341.jpg

Mods:
Tinted Tails
6000K HiD headlights
6000K HID fog lights
Clear Corners
White corner bulbs (to keep em clear)
Infiniti Kappa full-speaker system
Custom Paint, (Metallic silver, same as stock with more flake)
Grill painted to match

That's about it

Options:
Rear air
3rd Row Seating
Leather (black)
Cd player
4wd
Basically loaded

New: Trans, Tcase, IAC valve, Starter, Tires (michelin), Battery, and more.

KBB is like 6400 I'd take 5000 obo.

(I flip cars for a living, and now that I'm a college student I'm calming down, Just sold my old 1992 f150(s) I had 2 of them 1 with a 5.0 and one with the 5.8 351 windsor, my 1992 bonneville, and my 1992 ranger)

Have also owned a 1993 f150 5.0, and my ranger had the beloved 4.0. I love old ford trucks, they're amazing! I also had a 1979 f150 with I believe a 5.0, but it's been awhile. Good reliable truck, just leaked a lot of stuff! :)

Anyway this is my tour of my current "garage" BUY MY DURANGO!!

Tell me what you think :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks good.

You can definitely tell you are from one of the richest cities in Indiana!

Looks good.

You can definitely tell you are from one of the richest cities in Indiana!

What's that supposed to mean? I worked my ass off for what I've got, and I sure as hell didn't grow up even remotely wealthy.

I don't believe there was any slight intended to you, I think the comment was, that looks like a very nice neighborhood with some nice houses. And you have 3 very nice vehicles with some really cool mods. I'm sure you had to work your a** off to keep such a nicely manicured lawn.

nices rides u got there

Damn, looks sharp. Love the subs.

Thanks guys. Oh I wasn't upset by the comment. And that's back when I lived with my dad, I'm in college now. Wish I had a nice yard! :)

thanks for the nice comments, guys!

looks good

so- how much more are those rims worth than the explorer?

looks good

so- how much more are those rims worth than the explorer?

I remember you from back in the day, bro! Umm.. the reciept said 3600, but that was 6 months ago. I bought them for way less off a buddy who needed help.

yeah, your explorer is closer to done than mine- that's for sure

yeah, your explorer is closer to done than mine- that's for sure

what's wrong with yours, bud?

I can't tell by the pics whats goin on, didn't u used to have a 40 somethin inch plasma in the back of yours?

What's ur mileage lookin like now days?

that was so long ago that the largest screen i had in mine was a 26" and it was BIG, lol.

search for thread "topless" to see how mine stands now- when i finish a few things up on my C43 i'm going to be shifting all my attention to the Explorer. I just more or less retired the C43 from any kind of daily driving use last fall and it's taken this long to get all the $ together and all the parts i wanted on it sorted out (and the engine stuff basically r&d'd or trial and errored, heh)--- so now the next few months are going to be me finishing it up clean enough that i can keep it that way and feel good about it for years to come.... while i build the Explorer and eventually buy a P car or whatever.

my explorer has 160k on it or something, but it won't matter one bit by the time it hits the road again

that was so long ago that the largest screen i had in mine was a 26" and it was BIG, lol.

search for thread "topless" to see how mine stands now- when i finish a few things up on my C43 i'm going to be shifting all my attention to the Explorer. I just more or less retired the C43 from any kind of daily driving use last fall and it's taken this long to get all the $ together and all the parts i wanted on it sorted out (and the engine stuff basically r&d'd or trial and errored, heh)--- so now the next few months are going to be me finishing it up clean enough that i can keep it that way and feel good about it for years to come.... while i build the Explorer and eventually buy a P car or whatever.

my explorer has 160k on it or something, but it won't matter one bit by the time it hits the road again

that's pretty neat.. topless.. u makin it a convertible? I'm going to look for the thread now.

Thats sick, But Not enough tire for my driving! just take it slow...
I wrecked mine when driving to work, hit a puddle spun around at almost 60mph on the freeway..
before
lakeview2.jpg

after
dd005.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've hit enormous potholes, and people say stuff liek that but they get cheapo B.S. tires. Not saying that's what happened, but that's a lot of it. I've had rims on my cars for 6 years now, never less than 35 series tires, and never had an issue, even in snow.

Back