Retrofitting Projectors in a 1st Gen | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Retrofitting Projectors in a 1st Gen

I found a projector expert. This guy has done many retrofits of OEM HID projectors in all types of vehicles. We're shooting e-mails back and forth about putting some in my X. He thinks bi-xenons will work since the housing is fairly large, so I'd have highs and lows. I'll keep everyone up-to-date.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Mine are just retrofitted projectors, not diamond lenses. He told me the beam pattern is just amazing, and he's sending them back to me Monday. Those diamond lenses are awesome though, I'm probably keeping my stockers, but the diamond clear corners I may get. I didn't realize they even had those for sale. How much was that complete set?

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Alright, just went to the PCP site and ordered a set of the diamond clear corners. Those rule!

well, i got the 6 peice set for 189.99. the dont offer just the diamond turn signals though.

NICE59FORDF100 said:
well, i got the 6 peice set for 189.99. the dont offer just the diamond turn signals though.
They do now. You still got a good price since the headlights are $180 alone. I bought the corners for $51 shipped.

God I hate PCP. I got my "diamond clear corners" today. Well it turns out they sell the signals SEPERATELY from the corners, so I spent $50 on a set of clear corners, the signals are another $60 plus shipping! I'm returning these. I remember a year back the non-diamond corners came with the signals for only $35.

well, it shows on my account on PCP that my headlights and diamond corners were shipped weds. on the pic, it shows all 6 peices, and says 6 peices in the title. we'll see next week.

I found out their wholesaler is Alfa Otto. . . says right on the box. Maybe we can get better prices straight from them.

well, here they are!

Attachments

• Picture 007l.jpg
    Picture 007l.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 312

Now those look really good. I'll bet they put out a ton more light.

Wow those look great!!

Very nice! You should've kept 1 side stock and done a light comparison.

He finally got back to me, said they haven't been shipped yet! He says Monday he called UPS to pick them up since he works crazy hours, and they STILL haven't. He gave me a "tracking number" but hey if the package never gets sent it's no use to me. I have a feeling he might be trying to screw me over, but I don't see why he'd go through the trouble of actually doing the retrofit. He's in Waltham, MA so I may be looking for someone to pay him a visit that lives in the area, I'll make it worth your while. Anyways, I'll keep this thread updated. I say if the tracking # isn't working by next Friday, it's time to do something about it.

Ok, got a response when I started getting a little more angry with him. He'll have time Wednesday to get my projectors out. I'm in no hurry to get them but when big money's involved, I don't wanna mess around.

man, cant wait to see how they come out! i need to adjust my new ones, because i barely see the road with low beams, they're down so low. cant wait to see them!

Attachments

• Picture 006.jpg
    Picture 006.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 272

huskyfan23 said:
Ok, got a response when I started getting a little more angry with him. He'll have time Wednesday to get my projectors out. I'm in no hurry to get them but when big money's involved, I don't wanna mess around.

Tell him to take his ass to the UPS Store and drop the package off. That's a lot easier than waiting for UPS to come and pick it up.

Well he works at times when they're all closed. If the package isn't out by Wednesday, then all hell's gonna break lose. I have faith in him, he has many other customers and a good rep on HID forum. He's gonna 2nd day them to me so it's all good.

Who is he on the HID forum?

SSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNTTTTTTTTT!

I was going to say...I don't live that far from Waltham, MA. I could have paid him a little visit :smoke:

Back