Retrofitting Projectors in a 1st Gen | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Retrofitting Projectors in a 1st Gen

I found a projector expert. This guy has done many retrofits of OEM HID projectors in all types of vehicles. We're shooting e-mails back and forth about putting some in my X. He thinks bi-xenons will work since the housing is fairly large, so I'd have highs and lows. I'll keep everyone up-to-date.

They came today, oh yeah, and are INSTALLED! What a ***** it was to get the signal lamp assembly back on! The headlamps are new, so the clips were very tight. Anyways, I did get it all back together. That was the worst part by far. There is still a small gap on both sides but I'll live with that for now. Maybe sometime this week I'll fix that. It's still light out here so I haven't aimed the lights. I got a couple pictures. I'll have a lot more when it's dark. The middle pic is low-beam, right is low-beam Silverstar. Like I said, lots more to come later tonight. I'll get a video tonight also. These are amazing in person, the camera takes away a lot of the light.

Attachments

• hid.jpg
    hid.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 229
  • hid1.jpg
    hid1.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 230
  • hid2.jpg
    hid2.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 217

Sorry about the wait. I made a wiring harness with relay to be safe, and had to wire in some diodes to get my highs to work right. All fixed now. Tonight I'll have MANY pics!

Pics!

Finally had a little time to get some pics tonight. It wasn't completely dark out, but was dark enough to get an idea of how it looks. Sometime near June I'll have pics when it's completely dark out, and the beam shining on a wall. The first pic is of lows, second is of highs. Third pic is a frontal view of lows, fourth is a side-view. Fifth is a frontal of highs and sixth is a pic of the projector. I LOVE THESE LIGHTS! They shine amazingly wide and I've had people ask me where I got them. Keep in mind the camera lowers the light intensity when it focuses.

Attachments

• hid.jpg
    hid.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 215
  • hid1.jpg
    hid1.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 201
  • hid2.jpg
    hid2.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 207

Attachments

• hid3.jpg