Return from Reiter.... no wheel bearings | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Return from Reiter.... no wheel bearings

everythintech

Reaction score
City, State
Lynnwood, Wa
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 XLT
well i was on my way to reiter pit with 97' V8 and we were almost there, what happens? a loud pop and i pull over. Look at the driver side front tire and what do i see.....

(soon to be pic of sheared wheel bearings in my hand)

man anyone know of any cheaper places to get wheel bearings? this sux and totally ruined my sunday run, but i will have it fixed by the NWEx club run next sunday.... man that sucked. Then i call AAA but i didnt remember my mom in laws addy so i couldnt get them out there, but luckily 97' V8 was there to use his AAA, so i will pay will back in a lil while with a nice juicy steak and potatos, to show my appreciation.
Oh, there was one good part to my sunday... last night we partied and made quite the mess, the wife said she refused to clean up b/c we are grown men and can pick up after ourselves. Little did she know about our problems with the truck and left me a very nice suprise, an immacculate house. my buddy jason opened the door first, and he quickly closed the door and yelled out "hey downey your dogs got out of there room and your house is wrecked." expecting to see a disaster, i walk into a very very clean house. man that was nice, any of you guys that know the feeling of a bad day, walkin into a nice clean house, its great.
Anyways, time to find a wheel bearing...

Later,
Chris

Back