Right side third row seat wont fold down. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Right side third row seat wont fold down.

Vice726

Reaction score
City, State
Garner
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 explorer limited
I have a limited with power third row seating. The left seat folds up and down with no issue, both when pressing the left only and both button. The right side is stuck in the up position. Nothing is blocking the seat from moving and I don't heat the motor trying. Has anyone had this issue? Before I take it to the dealership I just want to confirm it's not something simple I could be over looking. Something weird like "the middle row has to be all the way forward"

I guess it could be the motor. I don't see any fuses listed for it. Can you get at the wiring for the motor to ensure it is properly seated?

Peter

I have a limited with power third row seating. The left seat folds up and down with no issue, both when pressing the left only and both button. The right side is stuck in the up position. Nothing is blocking the seat from moving and I don't heat the motor trying. Has anyone had this issue? Before I take it to the dealership I just want to confirm it's not something simple I could be over looking. Something weird like "the middle row has to be all the way forward"
They are able to see errors or module faults if you give them your Vin and have the modem authorize to send data....even without having the modem on a data plan. The problem is finding a service rep with training to do this. I have a 2021 AWD Limited Hybrid and have twice now had info pulled with having vehicle @ ford. Every option is protected with a FET and will reset several times before needed a trip to the dealer.

Back