Right Turn Signal not working | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Right Turn Signal not working

It's possible you have a spread terminal at the connector on the BCM that leads to the RR light. You are looking at the brown/white wire on connector 2280C?

Do a wiggle test. Put the connector back on, keep turn signal turned on, and try wiggling the terminal in and out, side to side. If it all of sudden works your terminal is probably spread.

As far as the two wire connector are the wires White/Violet and Black?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

On the two people n connector I will check tomorrow.

Is there a possibility to pull out the BCM? Because this would make thinks easier. I tried to connect one single line to the RR Turn Signal Pin prima t hat no luck placing it on the post n.
Unfortunately I do not know what you mean with the 2280C. But it is a brown/white line directly routed to the tail lamp.
https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/-G8AAOSwNhpbBt6y/s-l1600.jpg
I‘m talking about the connector down on the left in this picture (on the picture the BCM is turned 180°, compared tot he in car installation)

Other thoughts are, maybe the BCM is a internally broken, because to mean German Legal Requirements they connected front and rear turn signal to the rear wire. The front wire was connected to a resistor to avoid messages for broken bulbs.
Maybe the BCM got overloaded? Is it possible to open the BCM?

On the two people n connector I will check tomorrow.

Is there a possibility to pull out the BCM? Because this would make thinks easier. I tried to connect one single line to the RR Turn Signal Pin prima t hat no luck placing it on the post n.
Unfortunately I do not know what you mean with the 2280C. But it is a brown/white line directly routed to the tail lamp.
https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/-G8AAOSwNhpbBt6y/s-l1600.jpg
I‘m talking about the connector down on the left in this picture (on the picture the BCM is turned 180°, compared tot he in car installation)

Other thoughts are, maybe the BCM is a internally broken, because to mean German Legal Requirements they connected front and rear turn signal to the rear wire. The front wire was connected to a resistor to avoid messages for broken bulbs.
Maybe the BCM got overloaded? Is it possible to open the BCM?

The BCM controls internal current sensing transistors. After a set number of faults they a permanently disabled and require a BCM replacement.

IF this is the case though they will set an internal code. May want to invest in an obd2 adapter (Obdlink MX) and an Android tablet and run Forscan. I recomend this for any Ford owner that performs their own diagnosis/repairs.

I just got my OBD Adapter yesterday and I will try ForScan today.
But I chose the Windows Version, because I do not own any Android device. ;-)

I just got my OBD Adapter yesterday and I will try ForScan today.
But I chose the Windows Version, because I do not own any Android device. ;-)

Even better. More features in the windows version including actuation/bi-directional controls (you can tell control units to do things as part of diagnostics).

Yeah I got it finally!
The BCM deactivated the rear signal due to a grounding issue what I resolved before.
Now the turn signals are working perfect! Thanks for the great support here!

As far as the two wire connector are the wires White/Violet and Black?

The wire does not go up the a pillar. It is taped together to a big wire harness with other wires and seems to run to the right behind the dash.
The colors are blue/white and white green.

Okay I fixed a lot of issues.
But rear right still not working.
I checked the wiring and it ends at the top of the fuse box in a socket.
When I apply 12V on the wire the bulb is on. But connected to the fuse box doesn’t work.

Anyone know what this connector is? I found it right behind the Light Switch but he has no friend to meet :-(
Someone put a resistor in it with tape, no idea what this will do.
The wire goes up the A Pillar.

View attachment 161960

View attachment 161961

Just to update everyone on that connector.
This one is connected to the Collapsable Steering Column Air bag Sensor.

Back