Rims/Tires and exhaust and grill Q's | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rims/Tires and exhaust and grill Q's

miamiheat13

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 v8 explorer
hey guys,

Time for some Rims for my 04 explorer 4.6L V8. I am reallllly liking the cobra 20 inch rims. how much will these set me back with some tires and also where can I find them? On ebay they only have 17 inch.

Also, I am looking at exhausts. Is the magnaflow gonna be nice and loud. I want a nice deep sound. I am 15 and it would be nice to have a nice sounding car haha.

I am getting a grill set top and bumper from ebay and I was wondering how hard it is to install the bottom one. I hear the top one is super easy. I also just ordered some clear corners that should look nice. How long will the grill last down here in florida if the car is outside all the time. Few years? reason is i dont get the car for 5 months and I dont know if i should put it on right now or wait til i get the car and install.

Thanks,
Mike

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

when uve got a V8, anything will sound mean but uve got some choices... a flowmaster 40 will be nice and loud and deep... a flowmaster 50 has more baffles so its a little quieter and makes it have a deeper tone... for the loudest i would go with an imco extreme... basically a straight-thru muffler.. magnaflow wouldnt be too shabby either but ive never heard one with the 4.6 so idk wut to tell u there... anything will be nice and deep with that V8 though

i have got some 18's for sale black KMC's check out my car domain

Bottom grill is a little more trouble, just hard to get your hand in there. I also put some spacers on mine to set it out some, the one I bought pushed it back in too much. Good luck

I would Def say IMCO EXTREME serieS Muffler! i got it on my 4.0 and it sounds beastly. I have it with a downpipe after the muffler.. I hear nothing but how good my truck sounds.. I had the 40 series and it sucked. Its good muffler and holds up well.. Do a search on this site for IMCO and you will see nothing but good reviews!

I would Def say IMCO EXTREME serieS Muffler! i got it on my 4.0 and it sounds beastly. I have it with a downpipe after the muffler.. I hear nothing but how good my truck sounds.. I had the 40 series and it sucked. Its good muffler and holds up well.. Do a search on this site for IMCO and you will see nothing but good reviews!

do you mind showing me a place to get it? And where can i get the cobra rims?

Back