Rock Trix 2" spacers on 4" RC lift | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rock Trix 2" spacers on 4" RC lift

4.0L2WD

Reaction score
City, State
Bay area
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 2wd
I currently have a 4in rough country lift on my explorer I'm interested in putting these spacers on the front so I can clear 33s. Silly question I know, do they go on the top or the bottom of the coil?

Thanks

Screenshot_20190830-154528.png

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don’t know, but hopefully it goes on top. There’s no bolt on top, and the bottom bolt can be a real *****.

I don’t know, but hopefully it goes on top. There’s no bolt on top, and the bottom bolt can be a real *****.
Yeah I know but hopefully I can put them on the top although I think they go on the bottom not trying to screw up

You might not be able to align it with that much lift. Those look like they extend the stock bolt, which would not be very strong. Why not trim the back edge of the front fenders a little instead? I cleared 32's with a 4" lift without any trimming.

Well the 4inch coils have sagged a bit. So basically I would have 5 inches total. I used to have a 5.5 superlift with 33s. Never had any issues

Do you have the 4"/ 6" drop brackets or are they fixed for a 4" drop?

2wd F150 coil seats are the way to go as they add almost 2". I believe 2wd f250s have a 1" coil seat. Yes you'll have to undo that bottom bolt for these but they are not made out of cheap Chineseium like those.

Skip those crappy spacers
If your explorer is a 4x4 (guessing it is) then the stud that retains the coil at the bottom is already long enough to run a spring spacer
Ford made a part that fits perfectly.
It is a 2wd F150 spring seat
This will give you 1-1/2" lift to help for those sagging coils. I am running them with my old worn out Skyjacker 6" coils so that I actually have 5.5" of lift again.

Here is a pic
ford_factory_coil_spacer-2.jpg

1990-96 F150 2wd
Ford parts:
  • F2TZ-5A307-A
  • F2TZ-5A307-B

SOB every time I google this stuff pictures of MY TRUCK Show up on TRS
I never gave them permissions to use my truck pictures!!
I do not do TRS,
Factory Coil Spring Spacers To Level Your Ranger : The Ranger Station

You cannot install anything at the top because the factory coil retainer bucket holds the spring in tight and is designed to hold the top coil of a spring, there is no flat surface to mount any sort of spacer on top

If you run those crappy bolt extensions you are ASKING for trouble, the stock stud is long enough for a spacer on the 4x4 beams.

Thanks for the response. I'll buy some Ford seats.

I also ran the OEM spacers on my Explorer with worn 5.5" Superlift springs. It worked, but new springs would be better. Do you have extended radius arms?

I also ran the OEM spacers on my Explorer with worn 5.5" Superlift springs. It worked, but new springs would be better. Do you have extended radius arms?
No. Where can I buy some??

I'm running those billet spacers on mine. I have had zero troubles with them. I also built spacers for the top trying to gain back the lift I had before the 5.5" lift Jeep Cherokee springs sagged out to the same height as stock explorer coils. That lasted about 3 months and they continued to sag and it now sits like it has 3" lift on it instead of the 6" I used to have.

I did cut n turn the beams to avoid those drop brackets.

The rancho's only work with 2-3" of lift
The Duff arms work with 3-4" of lift, however I think their newer radius arms, the single rod style, will work with more lift.
the skyjacker and Superlift arms work with 4-8" of lift
Skyjacker has the best design IMO otherwise there are a few So Cal desert type fab shops that also make good TTB kits and radius arms
Adding the extended radius arms is the only real way to improve the ride, not just lift the vehicle.

I extended mine to the transmission crossmember. The ride is super plush and the droop increased by 3-4x.

Back