• Register Today It's free!

rocker guards/rock sliders

thebaer237

Reaction score
City, State
Ashby MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 eddie bauyer
I have a 97 eddie bauyer on 31" pro-comp xterains. It was in nice shape until i started wheeling it. Im going to take my running boards off because they are getting destroyed and bent. Does anyone have any pics of rock sliders or rocker guards that they made. Im trying to see what would be the cheapest way to build some protection and what the best way to attach it is. I dont want to lose anymore clearence that i already dont have. I have been wheelin lately with my friends sas ranger and my brothers lifted wrangler so my underside is getting pretty beat up trying to follow them.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

do you have any ideas what i should do once i take my running boards off. my whole rocker panels will look like crap because it has holes every few inches from where the christmas trees went to hold on the running boards. Also they mold into the fender flares that just end and look like crap when you take the boards off

a lot of guys take off all of the plastic and fill in the holes with body filler and use bedliner or hurculiner to go over it to give it a kind of two tone look.

thats kinda what i was thinkin. Its red with prarie sand color on the boards and fenders and on the lower part of the doors. I think ill just spray the rockers with the rubberized undercoating

thats kinda what i was thinkin. Its red with prarie sand color on the boards and fenders and on the lower part of the doors. I think ill just spray the rockers with the rubberized undercoating

Read thru mountaineergreen's slider thread--

I recommend against the rubberized undercoating, as it will always be tacky and attract dirt-

Back