Rocker Panel Suggestions | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rocker Panel Suggestions

I read LD50's rocker panel how-to, but I dont think a whole new replacement is needed here. It's only rusted on one side, and that is the passenger side, under the back passenger door. I have some pictures of the rocker panel uploaded. You can go to http://s250.photobucket.com/albums/gg269/dcquick/

36.jpg - The passenger side rocker panel has no wall, so mud and junk get caught up in it. It's sort of hard to see.

35.jpg - The driver side rocker panel, as you can see there is a wall.

34.jpg - Rusted Rocker Panel with door closed

33.jpg - Rusted Rocker Panel with door open

So I was curious if anybody has any suggestions on how this could be fixed. I'm thinking about getting a piece of metal to replace the wall, but that's about it.

i've got the same thing wrong with mine but worse and behind both passenger side doors, i could probably fit my fist in the hole, i know im gonna use bondo either way but to back the hole so i dont have to use an entire container of bondo i was gonna retrofit some wire mesh to hold the bondo in place
ill try and get some pictures of mine to post on here, p.m. me if you figure a solution for us

i've got the same thing wrong with mine but worse and behind both passenger side doors, i could probably fit my fist in the hole, i know im gonna use bondo either way but to back the hole so i dont have to use an entire container of bondo i was gonna retrofit some wire mesh to hold the bondo in place
ill try and get some pictures of mine to post on here, p.m. me if you figure a solution for us

great2.jpg

great1.jpg

Back